Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the admins,

Clean site you run here. This thread is about the possibility of a tuning solution and reflash becoming available for this platform. We do not currently have anything for sale for this platform. This is not an advertising thread. We are looking for feedback from enthusiasts. If this post is in violation of any rules, please contact us or remove the thread if necessary.

To the enthusiasts,

We're in search of feedback from you. There are a few threads regarding interest in a reflash, so we're looking into the possibilities for this platform and we'd love to support your community.

Please leave feedback here or via email. Thank you! [email protected]

· Premium Member
655 Posts
My two cents: the general consus around the forum is that if the truck is ever taken to a dealer, for example for warrant work or regular maintenance, a re-flashed chip will be automatically re-overwritten by Honda's most recent upgrade. So any advantage will be sorta short lived.

· Premium Member
11,332 Posts
I suspect unless there is an update for fix a noticeable problem, they just don't happen. If powered by Windows it might be a different case.

· Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. We use the latest software release and it looks like they're done updating your platform.

We also do things differently, and take this as an explanation only. You don't need to send your ECU in, you can rent an interface. Get overwritten by the dealer without your consent? Rent the interface again. You can also opt to keep the reflash only interface so you can reflash between factory and available reflashes at any time. It's like a "lite" version. The full interface takes it even further allowing you to make your own tuning changes or go to a local dyno tuner.

· Registered
2,446 Posts
It's nice to see a tuning company express interest in the Ridgeline. I do some tuning on my OBD1 Nissan VH45DE powered Q with the ECUTalk handheld tuner. I know many guys in the Nissan world that are all about Nistune and Jim Wolf ECUs. I see your company specializes in Honda. Thank you for the note and information.

· Registered
5,700 Posts
Thanks guys. We use the latest software release and it looks like they're done updating your platform.

We also do things differently, and take this as an explanation only. You don't need to send your ECU in, you can rent an interface. Get overwritten by the dealer without your consent? Rent the interface again. You can also opt to keep the reflash only interface so you can reflash between factory and available reflashes at any time. It's like a "lite" version. The full interface takes it even further allowing you to make your own tuning changes or go to a local dyno tuner.
If you search our forum, you'll find specific threads where guys have gone out of their way to ask about this. Many of them are not regular posters (so may not be regular readers). You might want to find those threads & PM those members to get their input as well, since they have expressed the most interest in the past.

· Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's nice to see a tuning company express interest in the Ridgeline. I do some tuning on my OBD1 Nissan VH45DE powered Q with the ECUTalk handheld tuner. I know many guys in the Nissan world that are all about Nistune and Jim Wolf ECUs. I see your company specializes in Honda. Thank you for the note and information.
No problem. Thank you. :)

If you search our forum, you'll find specific threads where guys have gone out of their way to ask about this. Many of them are not regular posters (so may not be regular readers). You might want to find those threads & PM those members to get their input as well, since they have expressed the most interest in the past.
I have seen those threads and I may do that. I noticed a lot of them were earlier models, so I thought a new thread was in order.

· Premium Member
11,332 Posts
I would not expect any miracles to come out of 'tuning'.

Compared to a performance vehicle, most anything else would be gutless. I found the power sufficient for anything I need or I would never have purchased it.

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,639 Posts
Reactions: Crankshaft

· Registered
153 Posts
Man I can't believe I never saw this thread before I bought it! I took the gamble based on Accord and TL guys having great success! KTuner is epic and so worth the money! I've sent them a few emails and had questions that were always answered very promptly! This is an A+ product!

· Registered
21 Posts
I just installed RV6 pre-cats, j-pipe, high flow cat, and k&n air filter element. The truck runs noticeably stronger but I think a reflash and premium fuel would maximize my mods. I'm currently getting 1-2 mpg better daily fuel economy and highway has increased by about the same to a high of 24.5. I don't want to lose the mileage gain and also don't want to make my own flash file as I don't know what I'm doing. What are my options if any to do what I am thinking? Or should I not be afraid and buy the ktuner and go for it?

· Registered
156 Posts
I know my Ridgeline is the oldest group (07'), but think a tune would be very worthwhile. Count me in as interested for a product for the 06-08 group.

I've tuned previous vehicles with off the shelf tunes like superchips and more do-it-yourself products like EFI-Live. The results were always more than I expected.

· Registered
153 Posts
I just installed RV6 pre-cats, j-pipe, high flow cat, and k&n air filter element. The truck runs noticeably stronger but I think a reflash and premium fuel would maximize my mods. I'm currently getting 1-2 mpg better daily fuel economy and highway has increased by about the same to a high of 24.5. I don't want to lose the mileage gain and also don't want to make my own flash file as I don't know what I'm doing. What are my options if any to do what I am thinking? Or should I not be afraid and buy the ktuner and go for it?
Ktuner is definitely worthwhile! There aren't any tunes other than stock in the default software but you can work with any tuner to develop a custom tune for your truck. If fuel economy is your goal just let the tuner know and they will adjust things accordingly. :grin:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.