Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wheel problem when i turn to the lest i hear a freaking noise like something is robing on each other

i have change the rotor the breaks the lower stabilizer and the noise is still there when i turn to the left do any one had this problem i have a RT 2006

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,865 Posts
Well jack, your profile says you have a 2012 with Canadian trim. Regardless, your issue could simply be some trash between the rotor and the dust shield. Or maybe the rear diff needs to have a fluid change. I'm sure there are many other possibilities too.

Share you ownership history and maintenance history. Any mods to your truck (lift, larger tires, etc.?)

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Struts? Maybe replace the cartridges. Worked for our CRV.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
I had a noise when turning left from a standstill. If moving there was no noise with left turns. Right turns made no noise either way. Took it to the dealer for State Inspection for which I had a free coupon. With the Ridgeline up on the lift, the noise could be duplicated by turning the steering wheel left. Noise was coming from the steering column knuckle area. Knuckle was loosened and re-torqued to spec and noise stopped. Truck felt tighter on the way home. 40,000 miles.

Note: Interior had been removed in the past for carpet replacement after a firewall leak that led to mold. It's possible this noise problem was caused by my steering column not been torqued to spec then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts