Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks for having me ! i've dove into my first 4 wheeled import (ridgeline) back in april . having a pile of issues with it . over time i'm hoping you guys can help me deal with some of them . i loved this truck when it was working , had a couple issues but nothing too bad . did some bodywork to it , and it's been down hill . but the room in this truck , the ride of it, the convience of the dual action tail gate , the roomy trunk . i love all these options ! reading about your positive experiences are helping me think i should dump a bunch more money into this truck . keep up your love for them , i'm hoping i'll have the same thoughts in awhile :act039:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
So list your problems - in order of severity - and perhaps we can help guide you.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I'm not dumping a bunch of money in a daily driver. Too many other vehicles out there that want need a bunch of repairs.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I agree. Purchasing a used vehicle to save money over a new one means you can not afford to get one with problems.

Your odds of finding a safe and reliable used vehicle get worse if you do not spend the time to get educated and do the research before opening your wallet.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Check my post on your other thread. I'd suggest you dump this when you get it running & find a better one. (sound to me like this one's been under water)

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,889 Posts
Your odds of finding a safe and reliable used vehicle get worse if you do not spend the time to get educated and do the research before opening your wallet.
This is so true. An impatient shopper is just looking for trouble.

I've been shopping for a 4 door/5 speed Gen 7 Civic for a while. No joy thus far. Too many unknowns... as in the current owner has no idea if the TB/wp/valve service has ever been done, etc. This on a vehicle owned for several years and with 150k+ miles, for example.

It will take a while. But I'll find the right one eventually.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I am sure you will. Sometimes with that much dedication you can end up with something you never considered that works out just right.

Life is not just A or B, it is often C. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,889 Posts
Thanks henri.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
problems left are :drivers rear window goes down , but not up . (this is the door i had to take apart to work out a major dent , and i did take the switch apart [maybe i lost a part inside the switch]) i took the window out and track , the motor does work in both directions ....after that is just getting the code for the radio , and to get rid of the service over due after changing the oil . i've fixed the rust on the rockers , dog legs , around the gas door . while under coating i found a really bad spot under the truck , i've yet to fix that one ......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW , i knew i'd have some problems . they sell between $10000 - $15000 for an 06-07 here , i got this one just under $8500 , so i knew i had some room to play with repairs .......i'll let the rusty hood be for a couple of years yet.

oh and P.S. , the motor worked on the floor hooked up direct to the battery

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,405 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,405 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
jsawler,

get the radio serial # as per the instructions above and see your local dealer with the ownership in hand. The can search the code and should be able to get it to you easily.

I'd have to check, but I'm pretty sure the rear windows don't have a pinch sensing feature, so it's really just a rocker switch and motor. If it ran on the floor, go to the switch next. Likely something simple.

I'm sure once you get the little stuff worked out, you'll find a great truck under there. However, I am concerned about the corrosion on it? Maybe normal in N.S, but make sure you're working on something worth salvaging... might be better to look for a better example as previously suggested. Rust is such a pain to deal with.

·
Super Moderator
7,405 Posts
I'd have to check, but I'm pretty sure the rear windows don't have a pinch sensing feature, so it's really just a rocker switch and motor. If it ran on the floor, go to the switch next. Likely something simple.
Just checked, pinch sensor only on drivers door (AUTO) close window, tried the other 3, stayed away from rear didn't want it to shatter.

JSawler, Glad to help, if when your doing something that will help others just add to or start a new thread. Although Rust isn't a problem here, it sounds like you have a lot of knowledge to share on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BTW , how do you guys find these things for towing ? any advice ? tranny cooler etc ? i've got a bass boat that i haul around , and i'm wondering what the procedure is with these . not having a manual sucks

·
Super Moderator
7,405 Posts
I've towed a bass boat, no problems, really should have Factory wiring harness, aftermarket starts electrical issues.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
BTW , i knew i'd have some problems . they sell between $10000 - $15000 for an 06-07 here , i got this one just under $8500 , so i knew i had some room to play with repairs .......i'll let the rusty hood be for a couple of years yet.

oh and P.S. , the motor worked on the floor hooked up direct to the battery
Then you can get it up to $10000 + in value by working it. At least the repair parts will be new.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts