Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Ridgeline. Interesting issue today and the dealer was not able to assist before the weekend hit. The truck worked great this morning but in the afternoon I was turning left and did not hear the normal turn signal sound. Upon further inspection here is what I have:

1. Right side turn signal lights work fine (front back and inside)

2. Drivers side I have nothing, no lights activating on the outside and nothing on the inside.

Hoping someone can assist, I thought it may be the relay.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Welcome to the club...

Your diagnosis sounds right.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket trailer wiring adapter? They have been known to cause strange issues.

If not, then change the signal module - there are separate internal relays for each side.

Chip H.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue right now.. did you ever fix the problem?? Was it the relay?? when i turn on and off my alarm my turn signals work but when i use the turn switch switch behind the steering wheel only the right side works...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do all the signal lights flash when you lock the truck with the remote? if so you need a new turn signal/hazard relay.
2006 with 116K: same issue - no left side turn signal; right side works fine. When I lock the vehicle, both front turn signal lamps light but neither rear lamps light. Any suggestions? Also, if relays need to be changed, can you advise how to do this? Thanks.
PS: I just tried the hazards with the headlights on, ignition off: both front turn lamps light and passenger rear lights; nothing on driver side rear. I checked the left rear bulb and it looks intact, but could it just be a bad bulb? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Yes it could be a bad bulb.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,279 Posts
Also check fuse 16 in the underhood fuse box:

The turn signal/hazard relay is in the underdash fuse box:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks, Speedlever! REALLY appreciate the diagrams and all your help to the Forum :act035: !! Checked the fuse, checked the bulb: both OK...if I have the headlights on AND the interior lights on (as in driver side door open...) WITH the hazards clicking, front driver side turn lamp stays on but doesn't 'click' on/off...rear driver side lamp nothing. If I let the interior lights fade off and/or turn the headlights off, the front driver side turn lamp goes off, even with hazards clicking. Next stop: service shop... it's probably the relay, but right there is limit of my auto skill set, I think...thanks again...I'll post what they say was the problem when I get it fixed.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,279 Posts
Just curious Boca, do you have an aftermarket hitch/wiring harness installed on your RL?

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Ah yes, the "odd electrical issues"

·
Registered
52 Posts
"Odd electrical issues"
I was wondering if its not something as simple as a battery going bad.
Thx for the suggestion, but just had it in for service a few wks ago and I had them chk the battery and they said it was fine...Cranks fine, no hesitation.

I'm just looking for the car kid who's PASSIONATE about Electrical and loves to diagnose OEI almost as a hobby...when I find that kid, I'm going to book a week's cruise and give him the '06 and let him fix ALL the OEI that it continues to accumulate! That'll be a GOOD DAY!!:act029:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not to be redundant here, but this may interest you
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46063
WOW! Thanks for the heads-up! I haven't jumped anyone recently, but what's the issue with jump-starting: doing it at all, or doing it incorrectly? What do you think it was the caused his fuse box to fry? The only weird thing I can think of that I've done w/ the '06 fairly recently was right after that Tropical Storm Isaac: I'm down in West Palm Beach, FL and we actually got about 15" of rain in 2-3 days, so we had some pretty good flooding. Our development had 1-2' of standing water on every road, so getting out of ur house was only possible via pretty high-sitting truck or airboat! I did ride the Ridgeline thru some pretty deep water, but there didn't seem to be any problems at all for weeks afterwards...it's only now, weeks later that the OEI seem to be appearing...

·
Registered
858 Posts
WOW! Thanks for the heads-up! I haven't jumped anyone recently, but what's the issue with jump-starting: doing it at all, or doing it incorrectly? What do you think it was the caused his fuse box to fry? The only weird thing I can think of that I've done w/ the '06 fairly recently was right after that Tropical Storm Isaac: I'm down in West Palm Beach, FL and we actually got about 15" of rain in 2-3 days, so we had some pretty good flooding. Our development had 1-2' of standing water on every road, so getting out of ur house was only possible via pretty high-sitting truck or airboat! I did ride the Ridgeline thru some pretty deep water, but there didn't seem to be any problems at all for weeks afterwards...it's only now, weeks later that the OEI seem to be appearing...
Water may have gotten into electrical connectors in the engine compartment. Try disconnecting (one at a time) the connectors you beleive were put under water in the flooding. Clean them with contact cleaner and apply some dielectric grease to the contacts and reconnect.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same situation as you. What wbded up being the problem and the fix? Thank you

1 - 19 of 19 Posts