Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Turn Signal won't shut off

4K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  kanji 
#1 ·
Has anyone experienced their driver side turn signal not shutting off after a turn? Mine has done this several times, but not consistently.

#2 ·
I have not.

#5 ·
I don't think the turn signal cancel switch is designed corrected on the RL.

When I turn left it sometimes won't cancel, I think that Honda had a little error in calculation for how much the steering wheel should be turned before the signal cancels and how that relates to the turning radius.

-W

#6 ·
Mine does the same thing. I think a little bit of it is what I was used to on my RX-300 (drove 6 years) and a little bit of the Ridgeline. The signal detent seems to be a bit soft for me, so I overshoot and go to full signal mode. Who knows? Still gettin' the feel of my automobile...

#7 ·
The turn-signal-cancellation-detection (TSCD for short :)) mechanism seems ok to me. Of course, this is totally subjective, but it took me no time at all to be comfortable with it. To me it seems identical to my 99 Accord. Of course your mileage may vary.

#8 ·
Whaleya said:

When I turn left it sometimes won't cancel, I think that Honda had a little error in calculation for how much the steering wheel should be turned before the signal cancels and how that relates to the turning radius.

-W
This appears to be exactly what I have. Perhaps we'll see a bulletin at some point to address those that have this issue (not that it's a real issue).

#10 ·
Whaleya said:

-W
I find it sometimes cancels prematurely with a slight corrective turn of the wheel. Normally, a turn of at least 105° to 110° is required to cancel the turn signals. Has anyone approached their dealer with this problem?

#12 ·
Andy-Montreal said:
I find it sometimes cancels prematurely with a slight corrective turn of the wheel. Normally, a turn of at least 105° to 110° is required to cancel the turn signals. Has anyone approached their dealer with this problem?
That is what mine does also. If i overturn, and have to correct it, sometimes, it shuts off. I haven't had any problems with it not shutting off.

#13 ·
I've experienced this, but only after making a turn that wasn't a 90deg right or left turn. Meaning... I was only "bearing" right or left when it happened.

What I find disturbing is... when I have my high beams on, and I apply my turn signal to the right, being careful not to "pull back" on the lever... it returns my headlights to low beams. Also, when I have my right turn signal on, applying my high beams "cancels" the turn signal.

"Touchy" lever?

#14 ·
your clip or a plastic thing may have worn down or broken that's preventing to release your turn switch when you turn your wheel. ask dealer to check it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.