Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my FIRST new vehicle, a 2006 Red Ridgeline. :D I love it, except for the fact I keep stranding passengers in the truck when I get out, and that EVERY time I get out, the headlight on reminder is "binging" at me. The last two cars I've owned had automatic headlights, and I have grown to rely on this feature. (My memory is "random") I don't understand Hondas logic of putting in a automatic system to turn OFF the lights, and then telling me the lights are on all the time. Has anyone had any luck removing/ eliminating this "beaper feature" ?

By the way, I lurked on this site for about 4 weeks, before I bought and then while I was waiting for delivery. When I picked up the truck I knew more about the features than the salesman!! A GREAT site!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well, Honda would prefer you to turn off your own headlights, and then the auto off is there as a backup incase you forgot.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I must say the placement of the headlight knob, is one of the very few items that truely annoy me about the Ridgeline. I seem to turn on the lights, with my leg, nearly everytime I drive it. No need for automatic headlights here, as I always turn them on.

The guy who decided on the headlight switch placement must have also worked on the cruise control switch location. Too much Saki?

Ok I vented, the Ridgeline features totally blow away these minor annoyances, and now I have automatic headlights as well. :)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Redline said:
I just took delivery of my FIRST new vehicle, a 2006 Red Ridgeline. :D I love it, except for the fact I keep stranding passengers in the truck when I get out, and that EVERY time I get out, the headlight on reminder is "binging" at me. The last two cars I've owned had automatic headlights, and I have grown to rely on this feature. (My memory is "random") I don't understand Hondas logic of putting in a automatic system to turn OFF the lights, and then telling me the lights are on all the time. Has anyone had any luck removing/ eliminating this "beaper feature" ?

By the way, I lurked on this site for about 4 weeks, before I bought and then while I was waiting for delivery. When I picked up the truck I knew more about the features than the salesman!! A GREAT site!
Welcome to the group!
I understand your issues... I was off key at first with no "auto" lights feature, but the ridge is such a great vehicle, like the people you love, you learn to overlook the little flaws :) .... enjoy your RL

·
Registered
578 Posts
RidgeMe said:
The guy who decided on the headlight switch placement must have also worked on the cruise control switch location. Too much Saki?
Probably more like too much beer. Truck was designed in the US of A. :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
The reminder chime is there so the truck remembers to turn off the headlights

:)

In a similar vein, unlock the truck, open and close the trunk. Now unluck the truck AGAIN so you can get in or open the trunk again.

·
Registered
626 Posts
As for the "trapped passengers", the only thing to do about that is to turn off the auto-lock feature (pg. 80 in the manual, thereabouts). Or learn to jump on the unlock button to free them before they start scrambling to escape. The first option was easier for me. :)

(Re. the trunk locking thing -- yes, it is quite handy that the trunk automatically locks with the rest of the car -- but the car locks itself automatically if you unlock it and you haven't opened a *door* -- which can be annoying if you're just trying to get in and out of the trunk. I open a car door and close it just to disable the auto-re-lock feature if I know I'm going to be in and out of the trunk!!)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
If you turn off the auto lock feature, and lock the doors via the lock switch when you take off, do the other doors have control when you stop? If so, this would be worthwhile to do. I thought that not opening the door after you stopped did something to not allow me to get in a back door but I blew that off th being to busy to remember the exact sequence of my actions. Guess I really do need to read the manual afterall. Too many of these non-intuative actions going on in this truck to let me get away without knowing the tricks any longer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts