Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed any tv display in the headrest? I was thinking about installing two tv display and two dvd player so the passengers can watch different dvd's.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I saw a dealership that had done this mod to their display Ridge... interestingly enough, when I told another dealership about that, they said they didn't recommend adding such "high-draw" after-market electronics to the vehicle without a second source of power generation or a different alternator... they said that over time, a weakened alternator may cause mis-fires in the engine, which would eventually damage the engine. It seemed like a plausible, if a bit improbable, theory... anyway, just thought you'd want to consider this before making your changes... you can decide that the dealership, and by proxy I, am totally full of sh!t, and that's fine too. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
That does seem like an odd thing for them to say. Makes you wonder: When you buy an Ody and get the DVD system, do you get a different alternator, too? I'd be surprised...

But nonetheless, even if it does sound funny - worth knowing about.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Hmm. Maybe I'll break out my clamp-on ammeter and take a reading under load.

L

·
0 Posts
tranridgeline said:
Has anyone installed any tv display in the headrest? I was thinking about installing two tv display and two dvd player so the passengers can watch different dvd's.
Someone on here did just that and I don't remember what thread it was. I imagine search the electronics department!! :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
J.Bauer said:
That does seem like an odd thing for them to say. Makes you wonder: When you buy an Ody and get the DVD system, do you get a different alternator, too? I'd be surprised...

But nonetheless, even if it does sound funny - worth knowing about.
Awesome last name! :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
tranridgeline said:
tranridgeline- check out Ridgeline5's dvd mods. It is under Ridgeline5's Ridge finally completed. Many, many mods to look at.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
The problem isn't with OEM DVD players (like in the Odyssey) AFAIK; the car was made to handle whatever options it comes with. The problem is, potentially, with after-market mods when power draw isn't taken into account. I'm not saying I know specifically of any problem, and there a lot of people out there with a lot more experience with this than I have (in other words, > 0), but I thought I'd pass on the word of warning anyway so you could consider this when selecting your after-market mods of choice! :)

L

·
0 Posts
WhiteRL said:
Yes I watched 24 every Monday night
Yes I am a Jeff Gordon Fan
Yes my last name is Bauer

Have you heard from uncle Eddie? :)
Yes I watched 24 every Monday night.
Yes I am a Jeff Gordon Fan.
No my last name is NOT Bauer.
Yes 24 is my favorie number because it's my birthday!!

Who's Uncle Eddie!!?? :D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
ladyridge said:
You have my deepest sympathies.

Go Rusty!!!

:)

L

·
0 Posts
methodtim said:
So you guys like watching cars go round and round in circles? Someone explain this to me...
Well..its like this with me.
I like watching them go around and around and then at the end of the day I spin myself the other way to unwind!! :rolleyes:
Not sure what the attraction is. I use to race 1/4 mile and I guess any type of racing is good enough for me. It's in the blood.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand. :)

If you're serious let's talk about it in The Ridge.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have installed about 50 or so dual headrest systems in many different vehicles. Never ran into excessive current draw froma video system. Most dual headrest/DVD applications only draw around 15 amps. Most smaller aftermarket amplifiers will draw at least 20 amps or more. Vizualogic offers a dual headrest system for the Pilot which replaces the two front headrests with new headrests that house a 7" or 9" monitor. Comes with 1 built in DVD player plus a seperate source for a seperate DVD player or games system. Most of my customers will run the dual headrests with single built - in DVD and add a PS2 or an XBox for their other DVD/Games System. This is an optiion for those of you that want mobile video without any modifications. When your ready to sell, you have the option of putting the factory headrests back in.

·
Registered
140 Posts
ladyridge said:
Yes I watched 24 every Monday night.
No my last name is NOT Bauer.
Yes 24 is my favorie number because it's my birthday!!

Who's Uncle Eddie!!?? :D

Eddie Bauer :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts