Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys !

I was driving home today and heard some noise that got progressively worse. I pulled over and it sounds like exhaust noise rumble and it appears its coming from the third cat ( under the truck besides drive shaft )

I cant tell 100% because of the heat shield around it but I see some exhaust smoke/heat coming from it so I assume it is. Not to mention I had the p0420 code a week or so back.

I hope there is some good news here.......is this an easily replaceable part? or some Honda propitiatory CAT that MUST be purchased from the dealer? are there after market options? what is the most cost effect way to deal with this situation?

Thanks !

Chris

·
Registered
277 Posts
Chris:

Welcome to ROC. There should be bolt-in options for you in terms of replacing that rear-most catalytic converter, but my understanding is that certain states require OEM catalytic converters (California, and perhaps others, too). If you live in a state that doesn't require that, it should pretty much be a bolt-in affair.

Look at RockAuto.com for a part number to start your search off.

·
Registered
277 Posts
RockAuto.com shows the following for the rear catalytic converter:

Walker 16351 ($146.79)
Eastern Catalytic 40401 ($141.79)
Davico Manufacturing 58176 ($135.79)

They all have the following caveat:

Not legal for sale or use in California; Not legal for sale or use in New York for vehicles with CA emissions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts