Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 392 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the 'Line to local car wash to clean the carpets, mats and give her a good scrubbin'. I pulled the rubber mat up for the first time today since I bought her 6 weeks ago and the mat was dry but the floor was wet. I have taken it through the free car wash at my dealership ( I have free car wash for life since I bought my 'Line there :D ) a few times and never saw any water coming in anywhere.
Also...the plastic was still on the floor under the rubber mat. I guess detail missed that one. Any suggestions before I take my baby in? :confused:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: Uh oh..Trouble in Paradise.

heh.... wet carpets... a problem element owners will never experience. ;)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

ladyridge said:
I took the 'Line to local car wash to clean the carpets, mats and give her a good scrubbin'. I pulled the rubber mat up for the first time today since I bought her 6 weeks ago and the mat was dry but the floor was wet. I have taken it through the free car wash at my dealership ( I have free car wash for life since I bought my 'Line there :D ) a few times and never saw any water coming in anywhere.
Also...the plastic was still on the floor under the rubber mat. I guess detail missed that one. Any suggestions before I take my baby in? :confused:
Not sure if you're talking back or front seats but I read else where an owner had wet carpet under the back seat and the dealer said the cowling was not sealed. Not sure where or what cowling he's talking about but that's what he posted.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

Update? Where did the H2O come from?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Trying to find time to have them look at it. Believe me...this site will be the first to know as soon as I do!!!! :D

·
Registered
53 Posts

Just completed a 2 hr. drive in the rain,and discovered the carpet under bothe front and rear mats wet.the rainy season hasn't even started.will take the silver bullet in to the dealer on tuesday.will let all know what caused the problem.Other than that the truck has been Great.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Mine will definately be looked at Monday. I'll get back to you as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Well-- this is my first problem with my Ridgeline. I just drove in my first rain--only a mild rain by the way and discovered the passenger side floor mat had water all over it after my drive. This was strange since I had no passenger. I put my hand behind the dash/glove box and found it was all wet--more so than the floor. Of course the dealer is closed today. I was doing very well, no wind noise, no creaky steering wheel, no radio crackles and now I found something that seems pretty significant. The nav screen was very dim too--I don't know if it is from the water, but hope not.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Leaky Interior

Does anyone else have a leak in the car. I have noticed only two other posts on this problem. I drove in my first rain today and a gentle rain at that. I noticed my nav screen was very dim. Thought the headlights were on but they were not. Then I noticed the passenger floor mat covered in water. I couldn't tell where it came from and it certainly wasn't from a passenger as it was only me. Then I felt under the dash and found it soaked in the area behind the glovebox. I don't know if the nav screen problem is related but I think I must have a rather large leak because it was more of a drizzle than the rain.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Re: Leaky Interior

That's dreadful. I hope you don't have any extensive damage. I guess you'll be visiting a Honda dealer soon. Let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Yeah, dreadful is the perfect word. I am not happy. I hope I can drop it off tomorrow at the dealer. I hope they can look at it especially since I have only had it for 3 weeks. It kills me to think what they may have to do to fix this problem. I prefer not to have thinks disassembled when they are brand new. We'll see.

·
Registered
153 Posts

I don't know that I can help. I don't know that my Ridgeline leaks but I did find a crack in my windshield. I wouldn't have noticed it but when I was cleaning the windshield I noticed a crack in the glass on the inside of the laminated glass. The crack is down very low where the heat strips are in the very low part of the right side. Will let you know if it leaks.

Since I can't seem to post for some unknown reason I would like to post this information. I started driving my Ridgeline on the 21st and have 884 miles on it. My average milage is 18.5. If you all are interested I'll post (if I am allowed to) my milage every 1000 miles. I drive about 150 to 200 miles each day.

Tiger

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

You might also take a look at the thread called "Trouble in paradise". Ladyridge and some others have had water in the cab as well.

Mine seems to be isolated under the rear passenger side seat. I noticed it after I gave my RL a bath Friday. :mad: My carpet is soaked to the point that it will have to be replaced.

I can deal with some small imperfections but this one is big and will end up being very costly for Honda if they don't have a solution quickly.

·
Registered
73 Posts

I hate to hear that. The day I got mine it poured the rain very hard for a couple of hours and I didn't have any leaks that I could see. I do have just a slight wind noise around the windshield though. I hope they get this resolved soon.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts

I wonder if the wind noise and leaks are related.

·
Registered
70 Posts

I haven't had any wind noise so far. This morning it was drizzling so I wanted to see if anything happened. I had the radio off and heard a hissing/sputtering noise under the passenger side dash. No water on the mat, but some of the wires were wet after driving, particularly the one that seems to go to passenger door. I did notice a loud wind gust over there too, but it was a windy morning so I figured it was nothing. Incidently at 1007 miles I had my first steering wheel creak, a very loud creak at that. Well, I'll see if I can get the dealer to take a look and I'll post what they find.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

My car sat parked all day yesterday (not RL abuse just didn't have anywhere to go). It rained pretty heavily last night. Went and looked at the flooring under the back seat to see if it was wet and found a POOL of water :eek: . Small animals could probably swim in this pool.

Called the dealer. Their too busy to get it in today so my RL is going in again tomorrow. It spends as much time at the service department as in my driveway.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

My car sat parked all day yesterday (not RL abuse just didn't have anywhere to go). It rained pretty heavily last night. Went and looked at the flooring under the back seat to see if it was wet and found a POOL of water :eek: . Small animals could probably swim in this pool.

Called the dealer. Their too busy to get it in today so my RL is going in again tomorrow. It spends as much time at the service department as in my driveway.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Spoke to the dealer this AM and they took it in. They haven't seen this problem yet and said they were going to contact the company. They plan to soak the vehicle to find the leak. They claimed there was a similar problem when the element was introduced that was due to the sealing around the windshield. I haven't heard anything, but since they are arranging for a rental car I suspect it will take some time.

1 - 20 of 392 Posts