Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaning towards the Diamond back mainly because of the weight one can put on top of it and it's security. Also maybe in the future I'll get a pop up tent for the bed as well that fits into of the cover.

Anyone have other suggestions or inputs?

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
257 Posts
I have a Diamondback HD (got it used, at a good price, otherwise I'd have gone with an SE), and I am very pleased with it.

Steve

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you plan on loading/transporting on top of the tonneau cover?
In the he future a pop up tent. If I would haul anything on top of it it would be better rare but in case it needing to the weight capacity would be nice in those scenarios. Prussia the SE would be a good bet.

·
Registered
450 Posts
In the he future a pop up tent. If I would haul anything on top of it
You would mount the pop up tent directly to the tonneau cover?
Wouldn't it leave holes in the cover when the tent is not installed?
And wouldn't that make the truck bed completely unusable or extremely difficult to use?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apparently the mini camp fits w the diamondback cover.
Link below:

My research suggests this Ikamper can be easily removed when one doenst need it on top of the cover.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Apparently the mini camp fits w the diamondback cover.
My research suggests this Ikamper can be easily removed when one doenst need it on top of the cover.
$4,000 for a 2-person tent!?!?!

It looks like you have to mount crossbars to the Diamondback, which will presumably require drilling a bunch of holes in the cover.
And since you can't open the cover with the tent installed, you will be doing a belly crawl to access any gear in the bed.

The tent weighs 125 lbs, so I'm not sure I'd say it "can be easily removed".
Then what do you do with it once you take it off the truck?

Other than giving you the 'overlander' look, what benefit does this setup have over a nice ground tent?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$4,000 for a 2-person tent!?!?!

It looks like you have to mount crossbars to the Diamondback, which will presumably require drilling a bunch of holes in the cover.
And since you can't open the cover with the tent installed, you will be doing a belly crawl to access any gear in the bed.

The tent weighs 125 lbs, so I'm not sure I'd say it "can be easily removed".
Then what do you do with it once you take it off the truck?

Other than giving you the 'overlander' look, what benefit does this setup have over a nice ground tent?
Great points there. I would just leave it in my garage until I go car camping etc. I like the idea more than anything.

I really appreciate this forum and how others put it in perspective.

·
Vendor
2,009 Posts
I'm leaning towards the Diamond back mainly because of the weight one can put on top of it and it's security. Also maybe in the future I'll get a pop up tent for the bed as well that fits into of the cover.

Anyone have other suggestions or inputs?
This is a good cover and I can get it for you at a discount. We have been a vendor on this forum for over 15 years now and help members out when we can. Feel free to call/text 24/7 and will do what I can do help. Also, sell a ton of the Truxedo covers as another alternative.

You can also see more on this here:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts