Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A potential "key trap" occurs when you unlock the RL with the key fob and then open the trunk. If you then close the trunk, before opening a door, all the doors and the trunk lock automatically. If you accidently placed your keys in the trunk, say in a backpack, etc. .....

Is there any way to turn this "feature" off?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't think so. My Civic had this "feature"--only difference is that the alarm on the RL won't turn on if the trunk lid is open and it won't make any noise about it. Even after closing the lid, the alarm doesn't set. Because my Civic would beep when it tried to reset the alarm with the trunk lid open, I've been trained to open a door to turn the alarm off and then use the trunk. It's a slight inconvenience but it works.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I'm kinda old fashioned, but I don't like all these "automatic" features of the RL. I turned off all the autolocking/unlocking stuff I could.

I ride bikes alot, hauling them with the RL, and I just know someday I'm going to "automatically" put the keys back in my Camelback and toss it in the trunk and close the lid...

Guess I'd better find a good place to hide a spare key. Let's not discuss good hiding places on the open forum :p

·
Registered
362 Posts
Honda should at least have it to where it resets the timer to when the last door, tailgate, trunk, or hatchback is closed to auto-relock everything or have a way to disable the feature. I disabled my locks too Londo, it was too annoying. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts