Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving, when I place the truck in park, turn off-pull key out, only the driver side door unlocks. Can you reprogram this to unlock all 4 doors? Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
4,076 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
When I clicked on your link, I got "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." :)

I haven't done this yet, but I know when I'm ready* it's in my owner's manual. I won't be so rude to say RTFM, but yeah - it's in there.

(* - translation: when I finally get tired of driving somewhere with passengers, stop, park & go to get out, and my passengers all look at me like deer in the headlights 'cos they think I am the only one that can unlock their doors)

- Chip

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
1. Make sure the shift lever is in the Park(P) position.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II)position, and make sure to close the driver’s door.

3. Push and hold the rear of the master door lock switch on the driver’s door. You will hear a click.
Continue to hold down the switch: Until you hear another click(after about 5 seconds) toactivate the driver’s door unlockfeature.

--Or, until you hear two more clicks(after about 10 seconds)to activate the all doors unlockfeature.

4. Release the switch and, within 5seconds, turn the ignition switch to the LOCK(0) position.

---------
See if this helps
_______

·
Registered
5 Posts
1. Make sure the shift lever is in the Park(P) position.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II)position, and make sure to close the driver’s door.

3. Push and hold the rear of the master door lock switch on the Window Motor. You will hear a click.
Continue to hold down the switch: Until you hear another click(after about 5 seconds) toactivate the driver’s door unlockfeature.

--Or, until you hear two more clicks(after about 10 seconds)to activate the all doors unlockfeature.

4. Release the switch and, within 5seconds, turn the ignition switch to the LOCK(0) position.

---------
See if this helps
_______
alright!!it did the job on my friends truck..thanks much for sharing this instruction..

·
Registered
1,416 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
some early 06 do not have this function. It can be added but is very spendy. I can't imagine any vehicle without this option (its a pain) but some models got through without it??? Other than that a great rig for sure!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
While waiting with nothing to do (for a Vet at the VA hospital), I read the manual. Noting the progamable options, I tried setting: opens all locks when the truck is put in park. It worked on the second try, following the instructions carefully.

That was a year and a half ago. It has continued to work as advertised, which is much better fro me than the default setting. Mine is a 2008.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yea I tried it about a year ago and couldn't get to program.I saw this thread This morning at work and tried it again and now it works.
Thanks to all

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Yea I tried it about a year ago and couldn't get to program.I saw this thread This morning at work and tried it again and now it works.
You must have gotten smarter in the past 12 months...:act035:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Could any one tell me how much this will be to install? My RL was built prior to August 2005 and doesnt have this feature. I would love to add it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't have this feature either but would like to add as well.

·
Registered
625 Posts
(* - translation: when I finally get tired of driving somewhere with passengers, stop, park & go to get out, and my passengers all look at me like deer in the headlights 'cos they think I am the only one that can unlock their doors)
I think I posted this somewhere else in this conference, but the flipside to this is the woman a firend of mine came upon crying in the mall parking lot because the key fob wouldn't unlock her doors -- "it's been harder to get it to unlock lately" was her explanation. He asked if he could try, took her keys, put the key in the doorlock, turned it which unlocked the door and handed the keys back to her.

Roak

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I think I posted this somewhere else in this conference, but the flipside to this is the woman a firend of mine came upon crying in the mall parking lot because the key fob wouldn't unlock her doors -- "it's been harder to get it to unlock lately" was her explanation. He asked if he could try, took her keys, put the key in the doorlock, turned it which unlocked the door and handed the keys back to her.

Roak
LOL...sounds like a "blonde" joke......:D

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Could any one tell me how much this will be to install? My RL was built prior to August 2005 and doesnt have this feature. I would love to add it.
You can do it yourself in 45 minutes.

Take you Honda Mechanic to Outback Steakhouse for lunch and he might do it after hours for free.

Shop manual show 1.2 hours. Most dealers charge $125 per hour.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts