Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, slight annoyance here. When you put the RL in park, why does only the drivers door unlock? Anyway to make it unlock ALL doors?

2006 RTL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes..check your manual..you can change it to unlock all doors in Park..at least I can with my 2012 RTS

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Ok, slight annoyance here. When you put the RL in park, why does only the drivers door unlock? Anyway to make it unlock ALL doors?

2006 RTL
Early 2006 can only unlock the drivers door - Those made after September of 2005 they could unlock all doors. Some August one could too.

The fuse box at the drivers feet can be replaced with a newer one and then all the doors can be unlocked in park.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea so I must have a real early model, because I don't have that option. I was able to set it to NOT lock the doors at all, which is fine by me, so I did that.

Amazing when you learn when you actually read the manual! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Early 2006 can only unlock the drivers door - Those made after September of 2005 they could unlock all doors. Some August one could too.

The fuse box at the drivers feet can be replaced with a newer one and then all the doors can be unlocked in park.
My wife and sons HATE this. Any idea how much trouble/$$$ it is to replace that fuse box?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
My wife and sons HATE this. Any idea how much trouble/$$$ it is to replace that fuse box?
The replacement fuse box was once under $100. After a lot were sold the price went up.

Having seen Gary Flint replace mine in my 2006 RTL at the St. Louis Ridgeline meet and it took him about 10 minutes. I think I could do it in about 15 minutes. Moving the relays is the worst part. the connectors all snap off and back on and are keyed to make it fool proof. The location under the dash makes it awkward but not impossible to change. There were posts here back in 2006 on the part numbers and how to do it on this site.

I am sure someone has the 2006 repair manual and could post the instructions to replace the drivers fuse box.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,579 Posts

I never noticed that warning before to not use pliers to remove relays. Guess I've been doing it wrong!

There is a fuse puller in the primary underhood fuse/relay box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts