Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being I am a civil service employee my salary isn’t a secret and it is posted where anyone can see. Angie works for a wonderful REIT actually the REIT that she works for is #1 in their industry. All that is public information.
The truck fire, well I only joined to let other Ridgeline enthusiast like my self know that there MAY be a problem with something, You would have thought that it being a first year run if the vehicle and that my truck was first of the 24 that was sold here in Jax, that you all would have an open mind and watch and listen to your trucks. Boy do I stand corrected!!
None the less State Farm has paid the claim good thing I had GAP INS, cause the VALUE has dropped! I have spoken to customer service AHM and they are in the process of contacting State Farm and having the truck sent to them.
I wish you all nothing but the nest and good luck~

·
Registered
670 Posts
I wish you a lot of luck too, Flfirerob. Glad the claim was paid and you had gap ins! Whatever vehicle you decide to replace the Ridge with I hope you enjoy it!

Take care,

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks for the update! I wish you the best of luck! :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
I certainly understand why you're going. Some people on this site have a tendency to lose perspective, I think, and unfortunately you got to "meet" some of them.

I'm glad you let us know about the fire. Be well.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
As a fellow civil servant, I would like to say "See ya soon" and best wishes on a new vehicle. Hope you keep us posted on the out come of Honda's or State Farm's investigation.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Kellcut, I agree with everything in your post on the LOST Ridge to FIRE!!! PLEASE have your trucks checked out! thread by Flfirerob, http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=49313&postcount=158 .
I too have been a little disappointed over the past few days. I also agree with others that posted similar comments. I am also concerned about the tone and the direction that the thread seemed to be heading.

I stand by what I said last week:
I don't have any problem with disagreeing, voicing suspicions, pointing out inconsistencies, or asking for clarification or additional information. I think that we have to be very careful not to reach a conclusion and react before enough evidence is in. In many cases we will never really know for sure. Those are the times that it just may be better to let it go and die on its own. It is far more important that we maintain the excellent decorum that has been established here on the ROC than risk nailing an innocent man to the cross.

One of the most significant things that makes the ROC such an outstanding site, head and shoulders above all others, is that the ROC members conduct and maintain a very high standard of decorum. Caustic tone and lightly veiled accusations area direct assault on that very high standard. If we allow it to deteriorate it will surely slip away.

I am troubled by the post by vortmax:
I don't post much here for a couple reasons one being that I don't feel the need to be attacked by the friendly ROC folks. To say that many posts have been rather venomous of late is being kind. I come here often and read most of the postings and while there are many, many helpful people on this site I have been very disappointed by the rude and insensitive remarks made by not just a few people.
The post is self explanatory – and troubling.

As the ROC continues to grow, we have some growing pains that we can not afford to ignore. I am encouraged today after reading posts by Kellcut, flymuck, Ridge, vortmax, RockyRidge, Arteegee, LadyRidge, Zero and a few others. In my opinion and as far as I know, this has been the first challenge to what the ROC is all about. I do not think that anyone that posted comments that challenged Flfirerob’s postings were intentionally malicious. They may have been judgmental, rude or insensitive and IMO they certainly were premature, but I do not think that they were posted with the intent of causing harm to the ROC. They were posting their thoughts and opinions about the subject which is absolutely fine. It is the manner in which it was done that is at issue here. The harm that it causes is an unintended consequence, but it is none the less damaging.

The ROC and its members that I have met virtually and in person have come to mean a great deal to me. I have watched it grow and evolve since joining approximately six months ago. I do not want to see the ROC deteriorate from within as so many other sites have and I will do my best to prevent it from happening here. As one member to another, I want to thank all of you that stood up and spoke up. While the results were not so good, I think that everyone has had the opportunity to learn some valuable lessons. I know that I have.

Where we go from here is up to us.

Flfirerob, in my opinion you have been dealt a tremendous disservice here on the ROC. It is far too early and there are far too many unknowns to pass judgment on you or your situation. While I do understand how your first experience with the ROC has gone very badly, I hope that you realize that the Roc is made up of a lot of very fine people. People can make mistakes. People can be wrong. We all can. I know that I am not alone in hoping that, in spite of everything, you will stay with Honda, the Ridgeline, and the ROC. If you do decide to leave us, I do understand, a lot of fine people will be sad and will miss you. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I hope that everything gets resolved smoothly from this point for you and that you are back on the road quickly, in a Ridgeline of course!
I wish you the best!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Great post UH! Couldnt add a thing to it except to ask Rob to keep coming back! If not no problem, hope luck turns in your favor & happy holidays to you & family!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Best of luck Rob. I would like to enocurage you to post the rest of your story right through to your new vehicle purchase.

I think the main reason you and your experience was met with skepticism is that you have no post history at the ROC. If you had been posting as a member since March 05 when you bought it, I gaurantee the response would have been drastically different. I think that's the crux of it right there. The post title and the initial post seemed to incredible to be true.

Anyway, goodluck with whatever your next purchase is. Don't give up on the Ridgeline. It's not likely that lightning will strike in the same place twice.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
UH, thank you for expressing so well what many of us feel. I, too, hope that Rob will forgive us our errors and continue to post.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't let anything here get you down. It's just a forum on the internet.

All the best to you and yours!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
I make mistakes -- I'll be the first to admit to it! :D

I posted some doubts about Rob's fire, before the pictures were posted. After I saw the pictures, I didn't doubt him anymore. But it was never personal -- it's an internet thing. The evidence must be provided, otherwise you have to hold your cards close to you and wait...

The fact that people continued to doubt Rob, even after the pictures were posted, and went so far as to claim it was a torch job... well, the irony here is that my SO was saying the same thing as well. But *he* never read Rob's posts, which were nothing but sincere. I have to believe that the people who continued to doubt Rob either also didn't read Rob's posts, or are just very cautious, even cynical people. Such is life on the internet. There are people of all shapes and sizes out there. Cynical people give us perspective -- they keep trusting people in line, and they make us think. That doesn't mean we have to agree with them, though! :D

Rob, I hope you will let us know what the outcome of the investigation is. That would be imminently helpful to us RL owners. And it would be really, really grand of you. Thanks. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually I have to say that I am impressed! Not very many people would back peddle, and some of you are doing well. None the less we are moving forward, and I am very appreciative to the support that you all have offered! And believe me I have thick skin.
Happy Holidays to all!

Angie Patton

·
Registered
993 Posts
Flfirerob said:
Actually I have to say that I am impressed! Not very many people would back peddle, and some of you are doing well. None the less we are moving forward, and I am very appreciative to the support that you all have offered! And believe me I have thick skin.
Happy Holidays to all!

Angie Patton
Ang

If could you at least answer one more question, what vehicle are buying? If you haven't decided yet, what choices have you narrowed it down to? Just curious.

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Flfirerob said:
Happy Holidays to all!

Angie Patton
Very well said imho.:eek:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Angie/Rob, if you come back, can you please go to this thread and see the article about the CR-V fires? http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3874

Maybe it's the same cause as the RL fire...? Did you have your first oil change yet?

Thanks for any info... hope your insurance is taking care of you! (Notice how it says in the article that if your vehicle goes up in flames, it's up to your insurance and the dealership to take care of you -- that's a load of BS in my opinion, I think Honda itself should take more responsibility!)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts