Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
doubledutyemt said:
You've only got 1,900 miles on it! It'll loosen up alittle! My only advice is to change that oil when HAL says 60%..That is closer to the regular interval of 3,000 miles and if your towing something, you'll want to change your oil regularly. And whatever ya' do..DON'T use anything other than 5W-20. The oil that is in there from the factory comes from Mobil, but to each his own.
HAL takes it into consideration. There's really no reason to change oil at 3000 miles and to doubt HAL.

·
Registered
578 Posts
kd4z said:
I'm with doubledutyemt. I don't care what HAL says. It will be every 3000 for me. It has worked for me on my past three vehicles totalling over 500K miles. It is simple. When the odo is divisible by 3000 evenly.. it is time to change. (or three months, whatever comes first) Oil is the cheapest insurance for engine longevity you can buy. Why chance it on a computer algorithm?
There's been COUNTLESS number of oil analysis done on COUNTLESS number of cars that CLEARLY say that 3,000 miles is almost always nothing but a waste of money. There's really no reason to doubt what Honda engineers tell you. After all, they trust that enough to waranty your vehical if you go by it.

Why chance it on a computer? Beacuse the computer takes a lot more into consideration than just time and distance. Heck, it might be possible that the "computer" wants you to change it earlier, but you don't and ruin the engine because you are stuck on the "3k or 3month" bs line that Jiffy Lube feeds the consumers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.