Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
almost completely finished. what is left is to tint the lights and make the rings not to bright. Maybe put in some resistor in the wiring.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Interesting - yeah, dim the rings a bit so you'll have more contrast when the brakes come on.

So, you started with a stock Ridgeline light and gutted the interior?

Chip H.

Reactions: H-ridge

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is aftermarket headlight, then i cut out the backside of it with a dremel tool.
Did some new lenses of acrylic and put the halorings on them, and then i plastic welded it together.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
it is aftermarket headlight, then i cut out the backside of it with a dremel tool.
Did some new lenses of acrylic and put the halorings on them, and then i plastic welded it together.
Fabulous results! Can you explain a little more about the steps in your project? Based on the reflectors, it looks like you "oven baked" the tail light assembly to soften the butyl seal, remove the lens cover and attach the reflectors to the back housing? Very curious about your experience!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you Ohsix!

This aftermarket lights are solid or one piece, so that means that you dont have any seal.
You must cut it with a dremel tool, so you can separate the backside from the lens or "glass"
You can choose between two models blackout or chrome.

When you have sperate the lights, there is red lenses that cover the reflectors inside the light. I took them of, because you cant have any red turnsignal in Sweden, Just break it off with a flat skrewdriver.

Next step is to buy som acrylicplastic from the store, I think it was like 3mm thick sheet, that will fit perfect on the reflectors edge. Take the leftover lense that you took off earlier and make a copy off the size(circle) with a pen on the sheet, and cut it out with a dremel, and sand it down to a even nice circle.

Before you will glue the lens back on, you must drill one hole in each reflector. Because there you will have the wirering go through to the haloring.
Next thing to do is glue the lens back on the reflector, and that done glue the ring on the new lens you did, and BOOM!! you are almost done.

Last step is to plastic weld all together again, just go to a hardwear store or(ebay) and buy plastic rods, and use a soldering iron to weld. YOU MUST!!! Choose the right plastic rod for the same
materials the taillights is made of. I think it was PC plastic. You can see it on the backside of the taillight.

AND YOU ARE DONE!!!!!!!

I hope that you guys did understand my poor English instructions. please feel free to ask questions about the project.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One last thing! ;act028:

Choose the right glue for the lenses and the rings, or otherwise it will fall off in time, or use something else to get it stuck together.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Real nice, I always wondered why no one made more aftermarket lights, like LED lights but this is a step forward, some tint would look good and still be seen.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Smokey619!

I was waiting for more updated aftermarkets lights to the Ridgeline, but I got tired!!!! Seems that nobody will make them. So I was thinking how hard can it bee

My next step is to tint the lights darker

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Great job! You've got quite a talent there. Thanks for sharing, they really look good!

Reactions: H-ridge
1 - 12 of 12 Posts