Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
One of the vehicles that my salesperson at the dealership showed me as coming to his dealership is a black RT-L. However, it had some additional letters after the RT-L (RT-L/S/R, to be exact) that no one at the dealership could decipher. Heck, they wouldn't even accept a deposit because they wanted to know exactly what that vehicle came with to make sure I would be satisfied. The salesman was going to ask at his ride and drive tomorrow about those additional letters after the trim designation. I hope they mean something like 'satellite[radio]' and 'rear entertainment.' :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.hondapreview.com/ridgeline/index.htm

There will be 5 trim levels available for the Honda Ridgeline.

Model YK1626EW Ridgeline RT
Some standard features include: Drivers and Front Passengers Dual Stage Airbags, Drivers and Front Passengers Side Airbags, Side Curtain Airbags with rollover sensor, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), Remote Entry System, 100 Watt AM/FM/CD audio with 6 speakers, Air Conditioning, Power Windows and Door Mirrors, Cruise Control, 245/65R17 “ Tires with Steel Wheels.

Model YK1646EW Ridgeline RT-S
Some added features include: Remote Entry with Security System, Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control, Drivers 8 -Way Power Seat with Adjustable Lumbar, Exterior Temperature Gauge, Premium 160 watt AM/FM/6CD Audio System with subwoofer, and Alloy Wheels.

Model YK1656ENW Ridgeline RT-L
Some added features include: Leather Trimmed Seats, Power Lumbar, HomeLink, Compass, Heated Door Mirrors.

Model YK1656JNW Ridgeline RT-L S/R
Added power moonroof.

Model YK1656KNW Ridgeline RT-L S/R NAVI
Added Navigation System.

·
2,346 Posts
Well, no call from the salesman yet today. I'm going to call the dealership tomorrow and try to get the skinny. I'll keep you all posted. . . .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good links everyone.

There is one thing that I'm curious about. It seems that the Ridgeline does not come standard with a moonroof (regardless of trim level). So the question here is, if you do opt for the moonroof option, is it installed on the assembly line, or is it installed at the dealership?

If it's at the dealership, then to me that's a disadvanatage. I've had moonroofs and sunroofs installed by a dealership and had nothing but problems. Moonroofs installed directly on the assembly line is always the best way to go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It looks like the base model comes with "steel wheels w/ covers". The other trim levels come with alloy wheels. Does anyone have pictures of these wheels so I can get understand what the hell steel wheels w/ covers.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't seen the steel wheels yet, but I can't believe they will look very good. The moonroof comes from the factory on the RT-L S/R model, and I too think it is better that way.

·
2,346 Posts
Well, I just got off the phone with my salesperson and unfortunately one of the first trucks coming to his dealership is not going to have the navigation system. Bummer. The sales guy spoke with some of the Honda folks while at the ride and drive and no one was sure exactly when the models with the navigation system will be released. He also told me that there will be NO rear entertainment system with this year's crop. But he did say that there will be a rear view camera option with the navigation.

Okay, I just looked at some links that indicate that a rear seat DVD system with a 9 inch screen will be a dealer installed option. I am going to talk with him later today and try to resolve this apparent conflict. I know the sales guy asked specifically about the rear seat DVD because while at the ride and drive because I had asked him to find out about that particular option.

I will let you guys know as soon as I find out anything.

·
2,346 Posts
Talked with salesman this evening!

The salesman that I have been dealing with called me back this evening and as of right now I am on 'the list' for the first black Ridgeline RT-L with moonroof and navigation!!

I just need to go there tomorrow and put down a deposit.

I also got some more information on the rear DVD system. According to some paperwork at the Honda dealership, the rear DVD will attach to the back of the center console and come with the infra red wireless headphones. It will be a dealer installed accessory. It will not be, as far as I can gather, an overhead mounted system like in the Odyssey. I am not sure how it will integrate with the vehicle sound system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts