Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals Im looking to upgrade my door speakers only. I want everything to look stock, no tweeters. What do you recommend. The price does not matter. Just speakers where I dont have to modify anything. Speakers with a little more base waould be nice. Good quality speakers. If you have pictures, price or web site please post. This may have been talked about before but I'm not on here that often. I have a 2012 RTL with Nav. Any information would be helpful. Good quality speakers with a little more base and somthing that will last. thank you.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts
I just put 4 JBL GT7-6's in the doors and they may be what you are after. Increase in volume for the same setting and a more fuller sound with the stock Head unit. The Honda specific speaker harness makes the speakers plug n play. Add some 6" Speaker MDF Rings with Black Carpet Cover and these JBL's will sit inside the door panel speaker grill for a stock look. I had the JBL GT6-6 in a previous RL and the 7's are a nice upgrade...

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43960

http://www.jbl.com/car-speakers/GT7-6.html#q=gt6-7&start=1

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120727800/Metra-72-7800-Speaker-Wiring-Harness.html?showAll=N&search=HONDA/ACURA_SPEAKER_ADAPTER&skipvs=T

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audiopipe-RING-06CBK-Universal-6-Speaker-MDF-Rings-with-Black-Carpet-Cover-/361295419042?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item541ee296a2&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Heli ATP. I will purchase exactly what you posted. Any improvement over the stock stuff is good by me.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Hey guys and gals Im looking to upgrade my door speakers only. I want everything to look stock, no tweeters. What do you recommend. The price does not matter. Just speakers where I dont have to modify anything. Speakers with a little more base waould be nice. Good quality speakers. If you have pictures, price or web site please post. This may have been talked about before but I'm not on here that often. I have a 2012 RTL with Nav. Any information would be helpful. Good quality speakers with a little more base and somthing that will last. thank you.
Thank you Heli ATP. I will purchase exactly what you posted. Any improvement over the stock stuff is good by me.
You said "no tweeters", but didn't say why. Are you going to disconnect them? Your first best move is to upgrade those (OEM Tweeters suck), unless of course you just don't want tweeters at all..... ???

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gonna see how the door speakers sound first. Then maybe the tweeters. Just ordered the Metra wiring harness and Mdf rings. I'll order the speakers on Tuesday. Can't wait to get them installed. Again, thanks Heli ATP and Dnick.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Have to admit I'm speaker illiterate. Been thinking about the GT7-6's for the doors but these are 4ohm and my Infinity 1031t tweeters up front are 2ohm. Will that be an issue? Running stock head unit and no amp

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Do these speakers have both bass and highs, I'm thinking of getting a pair for my 06 RTL with stock head unit for now.. Did the tweeter swap and what a difference!!!

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My JBL GT7-6 arrived today. I live in Rialto CA and they shipped from Ontario Ca (Few miles down the road) they look like good quality speakers. Waiting on the Metra 72-7800 Speaker Wiring Harness which should be here tomorrow and already have the Audiopipe RING-06CBK Universal 6" Speaker MDF Rings with Black Carpet Cover that I ordered from Ebay. Pretty much ordered everything Sunday and Tuesday and it's already here. Now the install which I have no clue how to do. If any one knows a good place to install my speakers in southern cali let me know. Preferably in San Bernardino County let me know. Again Heli ATP thanks for the good info.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Blue Balls,

Since you already have the wiring harness and speaker rings, if you can turn a screwdriver, you can install the speakers yourself. I'd also recommend buying a couple of yards of Dynamite (or similar) material and installing it while you have access to the doors. It's a really easy and very rewarding upgrade.

Here's my install...
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44483&highlight=jbl

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Coolbob I would mess it up big time. I just upgraded my flip phone to one that slides open, so you know I'm a little behind the times. I would rather pay someone to do it. They can install and get it right the first time. Good looking out though.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Did you order them from Crutchfield? Looks like the adaptors are included for free

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I've been thinking about these same speakers. My only concern is whether a non-audiophile such as myself would notice a significant difference or whether it would be a minor?

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts
I've been thinking about these same speakers. My only concern is whether a non-audiophile such as myself would notice a significant difference or whether it would be a minor?
I noticed a difference with the GT7-6's. Louder without having the volume set as high. Tighter/crisper sound. Big improvement over stock especially with Dynamat on the outer and inner door panels.
When I first tried the speakers I was a little disappointed but after a few days they broke in and sounded a lot better. I still have the stock HU and am considering adding the KTP-445U amp on it after reading the reviews on here.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ktp-445u/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts