Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 17 RTL and have decided that I would like the Honda Nav system. I am thinking of ordering it through parts but was wondering has anyone done this and if so a fairly simple swap out?

Thanks for any help

Z

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I'm just guessing, but is proably isn't possible/likely/worthwile/cost-effective. There would be so much to buy and add. Wiring harnesses probably aren't right. Need to replace head unit, antenna, trim, etc. It needs to then interface with the radio and other systems that may require additional parts/wirning, etc.

Good Luck! Let us know if there is a way.

YMMV.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly right but what got me to thinking the harnesses are already there is when buying, another dealer had a RTL with the nav. I wouldn't think that dealer would have added it after the fact but who knows.

Thx

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
What you were looking was an what used to be called a RTL-N. I agree with ScooterS.
To retro OEM in a model that didn't come with it. I am sure it's not worth the time,parts,cost. The cost of the unit it's self is probly going to scare the day lights out of you. Even if you could find one. Also you will have to have the unit programed to the truck.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,

I pulled it up again at dealers website and just says RTL. But you guys have scared me off enough.............lol

Z

·
Registered
461 Posts
Waze on any smartphone is so much better than anything any auto manufacturer can whip up plus it warns you of dangers and as a additional bonus, tells you where the police are hiding. :grin: Can't go wrong as it is free.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aftermarket would certainly be more cost effective! I just like the factory look. Anyway, the idea is DOA as I found out you cant even buy one unless your vehicle came with one and is replacement... At least that is what dealer told me.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I belive the dealer is correct. It's too new to have spares around. A friend of mine had to have his new pilot Navi changed, took two weeks or more. The unit had to be built by Alpine because there weren't any around.
And as said before it's just not worth it.
Unless you are the type of person who likes to do things because somebody said it's impossible or that it wasn't worth it.?.
I know a couple of guys who converted their cars from auto to stick because they were told too hard.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Please find RZR's thread about going aftermarket. He did it, it can be done, and you can get Apple Carplay, Android Auto, navigation in dash, better audio quality. When my truck comes in I will be replacing all speakers, adding two small amps, and replacing the headunit, and adding an additional camera on the right hand side for parking. RZR has provided all schematics for your local area installer. Best Buy even has car audio bays, just make sure the guy in charge has been doing it a long time. Please email Metra and Crutchfield for a harness. The more that ask the quicker it will come out. Tons of RTL, RTS, Sport, and Rt's being sold.

The can of the gen 2 RL is quiet and optimum for a nice little system. One not need to spend a fortune.

·
Registered
22 Posts
its really hear say atm. but i know for the 2015+ f150 trucks, its quite easy to add navigation.
Don't quote me, but all you have to do is pullout the factory head unit. and install the factory nav addon part from the dealer (isn't cheap) which harnesses to the back of the headup.

As for the Ridgeline tho, i really dont know. Just thought ill'd share what i know.

Btw i'm currently at buying a 2017 Ridgeline and don't own a Ford. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts