Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Ridgeline brothers...
I recently read that I can replace my stock 2006 upper intake manifold with the 2009 high flow magnesium upper intake manifold. Is this true? Direct bolt up?
Do these two upper manifolds have the same outer dimensions? I am also concerned about fitment as I am about to purchase RV6's j-pipe and fit is crucial.
I am looking to do this work in conjunction with the timing belt and XLR8 Crank pulley.

Your thoughts and experience are appreciated...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. And yes, I have seen this thread.
I was thinking of an easier bolt on upgrade. After a stop in at my local Honda dealership and a discussion with the parts guy we concluded that the 2009 high flow upper intake manifold will be a direct bolt on fit. Same riser, just different gaskets. Throttle body same, etc. etc.
Majestic honda sells 2009 upper mani for $145...hm. I will think on it over the weekend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are some differences in the intake setups from Honda over the years. They might bolt up, but the EGR port does not always line up. The cylinder head, lower manifold, spacer and upper manifold were all affected by this slight difference. Going from a 2006 to a 2009, might have this issue. If the gaskets are different, this is probably a red flag it might not work. Just something to be aware of...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts