Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
19,035 Posts
Wow, @Gozags - you went from one end of the spectrum to the other. Welcome to the Ridgeline Owners Club! :)

Your photo reminded me that I need to pick up some Roundup - I'm about out.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,583 Posts
Traitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Welcome to ROC!

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,343 Posts
The only HPD configuration I have seen at any of the Honda dealers near me, was the Sport trim in Radiant Red. Your Ridgeline looks great, @Gozags. 2010 was a good year for the G1.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
5,026 Posts
you reminded me that i need to go outside and actually apply my weedkiller :ROFLMAO:
I need to do that, too. Problem is, we are in a drought here. The worst time to spray weeds is when they are stressed, such as in a drought.

I may have to water them consistently for a few days before I spray them. That would be the best way to get a good kill.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some observations I have had so far:

I liked my 2010 a lot. It had about 165k miles on it and I have been itching for a new truck for a while. I did a lot of research and couldn't find a better truck than the Ridgeline again. One thing that is apparent right away is that it feels like I sit lower in the new truck and the hood is much shorter. I do a lot of driving on forest roads and snow in the winter so the lower ground clearance, approach, and departure angles have me slightly concerned, but I just need to be a little more careful off road. The safety features are taking some getting used to, but I'm glad they are there. I backed my 10 into a 3 foot pole and crushed the bumper. I don't think I will be doing that again with all of the sensors and backup camera. Gas mileage is so much better. I do lot of driving up and down the west coast and it sucks having to stop every 300 miles between fuel ups. I can bypass Oregon completely now and not have to wait for someone to fill up my tank for me :). I like the center console/arm rest better on the 10 than the 21. Definitely more sturdy feeling. I feel like the arm rests and the lid for the center console will break at some point.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline RTL-E in Radiant Red Metallic II
26 Posts
Congrats on the new truck, looks sharp! Looks like you're a fellow Washingtonian. I've only seen two other '21's in the wild here, not counting the one a friend of mine got. Lot's of G1's and '17-'19's, but '21's still pretty rare. I'll be keeping my eye out. ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Some observations I have had so far:

I liked my 2010 a lot. It had about 165k miles on it and I have been itching for a new truck for a while. I did a lot of research and couldn't find a better truck than the Ridgeline again. One thing that is apparent right away is that it feels like I sit lower in the new truck and the hood is much shorter. I do a lot of driving on forest roads and snow in the winter so the lower ground clearance, approach, and departure angles have me slightly concerned, but I just need to be a little more careful off road. The safety features are taking some getting used to, but I'm glad they are there. I backed my 10 into a 3 foot pole and crushed the bumper. I don't think I will be doing that again with all of the sensors and backup camera. Gas mileage is so much better. I do lot of driving up and down the west coast and it sucks having to stop every 300 miles between fuel ups. I can bypass Oregon completely now and not have to wait for someone to fill up my tank for me :). I like the center console/arm rest better on the 10 than the 21. Definitely more sturdy feeling. I feel like the arm rests and the lid for the center console will break at some point.
You make some very valid points about the 2021. I'm not ready to jump into the current generation and am looking for something larger, so 1/2 ton. What else were you considering?

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic
83 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I'll be honest...I wasn't a big fan of the HPD configuration, but it looks quite nice with this color combination. And as a non-HPD '21 modern steel metallic owner, I laud your color choice.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You make some very valid points about the 2021. I'm not ready to jump into the current generation and am looking for something larger, so 1/2 ton. What else were you considering?
I was considering the Chevy 1500 Trailboss and the Ram 1500 Rebel. I had talked myself into needing more towing capacity and more offroad capability. I luckily couldn't find a trail boss with the engine and transmission I wanted and then it hit me. My 2010 Ridgeline does every thing I ever needed off-road. I am able to drive up some really crappy forest service roads. It drives great in the snow to get me to the ski resort. I would like to get a camper trailer, but it's not like I could afford one for a while after buying a new truck anyway. That's when I came back to the idea of the Ridgeline. The dealer told me it would be 2-3 months before one would be available and then a few days later this one showed up on the lot because the guy who ordered it changed his mind. I didn't want the HPD and the $2,800 price tag, but I liked the way it looked and I didn't really want to wait another 2-3 months.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I was considering the Chevy 1500 Trailboss and the Ram 1500 Rebel. I had talked myself into needing more towing capacity and more offroad capability. I luckily couldn't find a trail boss with the engine and transmission I wanted and then it hit me. My 2010 Ridgeline does every thing I ever needed off-road. I am able to drive up some really crappy forest service roads. It drives great in the snow to get me to the ski resort. I would like to get a camper trailer, but it's not like I could afford one for a while after buying a new truck anyway. That's when I came back to the idea of the Ridgeline. The dealer told me it would be 2-3 months before one would be available and then a few days later this one showed up on the lot because the guy who ordered it changed his mind. I didn't want the HPD and the $2,800 price tag, but I liked the way it looked and I didn't really want to wait another 2-3 months.
Funny because those are the exact two alternatives that I’m looking at! GM has stopped the cylinder deactivation due to chip shortages on the 5.3 but kept the direct injection. The Rebel has port injection but has MDS. The only truck that doesn’t have either is the Tundra with the 5.7, but it’s an old truck. Benefit is also that the rear window drops all the way down and it has a 38 gal fuel tank. The Trailboss is a joke at 24 gal. The new Tundra is coming in the fall and will likely have a twin turbo 3.5 with their direct and port injection. I’m not in a hurry so I can wait but with a growing family, the Ridgeline is just too small.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
360 Posts
I do not like the HPD package, BUT, I've only viewed it on black ( not bad) and white( not for me) models. I have never seen it on a silver truck, and I have to admit--it looks even better than the black trucks. Very sharp truck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts