Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love being able to use Apple CarPlay in my new Ridgeline, but I don’t love how the cord runs from the center console along the cup holders and into the USB port on the dash. Have any of you figured out a good way to conceal it? Maybe run it under the cupholders somehow? I really wish I could plug it into the center console USB and close the the sliding door and use keep it out of sight out of mind while I drive but it seems the center console USB isn’t compatible with CarPlay.
Thoughts?

I also ran through this particular sub-discussion, but didn’t see anything relevant. But if there is please let me know!

· Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
285 Posts
SweetPete2 --

I don't like cords running everywhere either, and I'm trying to resolve this same issue that you mention. The REAL solution was for Honda to have included WIRELESS CarPlay. But, they didn't, so...

To me, the most logical place to put the iPhone, is in the small "cubby," above the wireless charger/above the 2.5A USB port. The issue (which is I assume why you don't use that location) is that with a cord attached, the iPhone won't fit. After trying a number of options, my solution (though it hasn't arrived yet) is a 1 foot, right-angle cord, which -- when plugged into the iPhone, should allow it to slide into that "cubby" and fit properly. And, with the cord only 1' long, it should minimize "cord clutter."

Here's what I ordered; hopefully this works as I hope. If NOT -- I'll be looking at a wireless adapter for CarPlay use...

Amazon.com: [Apple MFi Certified ] 90 Degree iPhone Charger 1 ft 2 Pack, Cabepow iPhone Charger Cable 1 Foot Short Right Angle Lightning Cable 1 Feet Compatible for iPhone 12 11/11Pro/11Max/XS/XR/XS/Max/8/7 Plus: Electronics

Steve

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To me, the most logical place to put the iPhone, is in the small "cubby," above the wireless charger/above the 2.5A USB port. The issue (which is I assume why you don't use that location) is that with a cord attached, the iPhone won't fit. After trying a number of options, my solution (though it hasn't arrived yet) is a 1 foot, right-angle cord, which -- when plugged into the iPhone, should allow it to slide into that "cubby" and fit properly. And, with the cord only 1' long, it should minimize "cord clutter."
Yeah, I have an 11 that barely fits in that slot it’s is! I like your idea of the right angled cord. I think ill give that a shot and see what happens. Thanks for the input!

· Registered
54 Posts
My wife used to drive an Audi Q7 before she got her latest car. Audi has a sweet coiled USB cable with an Apple connecter. I use it on my iPhone XR for CarPlay with my 2021 RTL-E and it works fine. It's Audi part number 8S0-051-435-C. They're easy to find on eBay. Cable is short so the phone fits well in the area where the wireless charger is. Make sure you get an Apple connecter as there is also a micro usb version. Search eBay for item 313073147215 to see an example. I have no interest in this listing, just passing a tip along.

· Registered
285 Posts
ECinEl --

THANK YOU for the tip. This is a great idea, but...

With the "straight" connector, the phone still won't fit into the cubby. I searched half the day yesterday to find a coiled connector like that with a STRAIGHT end at the USB end, and a 90-degree end at the "lightning" end, but could NOT find one. I found one with an angled end at BOTH ends (won't work -- as an angled end won't work in the Ridgeline's USB port), but couldn't find one that was straight at the USB end, and angled at the lightning end.

THANK YOU for the tip...it was 95% a great idea!

Steve

· Registered
285 Posts
SweetPete -- just an update. I received the cords today -- two in the pack, and was surprised to find an 18-month warranty included. And the best part -- it fits the phone perfectly even with an Otterbox case on the phone, and...the phone now fits perfectly in the "cubby." So, as long as you don't have one of the "plus" phones, yours should fit nicely, as well.

Steve

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve, got mine today as well! I’m liking it a lot. With my case it just fits at a bit of an angle. What’s nice though is I can kinda jam it on so it won’t slide around if I accelerate or go up a hill. The other thing I realized is I could turn the wireless charge pad off and just use that space...but then it doesn’t look as clean. I’m going to stick with the cubby and short cord. My wife’s fits perfectly in there. Again great idea!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.