1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Cool.... these are just for charging accessories, right?

'Will be interesting to find out if someone confirms they fit into one our blank spots on RL.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Those aftermarket heated seat switches? What's the middle switch for?

Nice work.

J
Thanks. The switches are for the aftermarket seat heaters I installed. The switch in the middle was originally for my I-Simple ipod adapter. After I installed my new HU, it was useless until I installed the USB charger. I then used it to switch the charger on when needed as well as a small LED light strip installed below the tray door.

My source: (You'll have to copy and paste, can't get the link to work)

docooler® 3.1 A Waterproof Duel USB Car Charger Outlet Panel Mount Jack Motorcycle on Amazon.ca

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just got my ridgeline, and I stumbled across this thread!

(Haven't even owned it a week yet, and already looking at mods)

Do you know if these are BOTH 2.1 amps or just one of the outlets?

*EDIT* Also, where do these plug in? I'm assuming not the radio... so these don't allow you to interface with your MP3 player using the factory radio?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was the center one blank before you installed the switch? I am looking to mod my 2010 Ridgeline with factory heated seats. I currently have a USB cable running from the back of my Double Din Kenwood stereo as an Aux/charging line from the glove box. I want to hide the cable and simply find a USB plate to modify so I only have to attach my phone cable to the plate w/o having that ugly cable running across my truck.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Was the center one blank before you installed the switch? I am looking to mod my 2010 Ridgeline with factory heated seats. I currently have a USB cable running from the back of my Double Din Kenwood stereo as an Aux/charging line from the glove box. I want to hide the cable and simply find a USB plate to modify so I only have to attach my phone cable to the plate w/o having that ugly cable running across my truck.
...yes it was

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Is the wiring difficult for these USB adapters?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Old post I know but figured others may have the same question. I installed an identical dual USB port in the square blank between the heated seat switches. It works fine, protrudes a little but still looks nice. The switch [and they are all the same, hundreds of these on eBay and Amazon from different sellers] is not a direct fit for the Ridge blank cover in this spot. I had to trim down the locking tabs on the switch to get it to slide in, not too much work but a little tedious to get it to fit nicely.

If there is any interest I can add these modified switches already prepared to fit perfectly in the Ridge opening, along with a complete wiring diagram and all connectors. Let me know, I can add this item to the eBay RIDGELINE-MODS store at http://stores.ebay.com/Ridgeline-Mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, I would be interested! Is there a You Tube video to walk me through the installation and removal of the panels? I'm new to all of this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Pete! Do these just plug into the existing cigarette lighter or is there wiring involved?

"Thanks for the inspiration! Installed my aftermarket seat heaters over the weekend and my rear end is now nice and toasty. Headed to the snow this weekend and looking forward to the ride home.
Found the USB adapter item on Ebay for $9.
"Dual 12V USB Adapter For Motorcycle Car Auto With Stator New"
Dual 12V USB Adapter For Motorcycle Car Auto With Stator New | eBay

pete "

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi, removing the lower dash panel is very simple, three screws. One is hidden behind the Not an Ashtray, which pops straight up when you pull on it vertically. I am pretty sure that has been posted on this Forum several times, just do a search. d.k.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts