Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new here but this forum is awesome!

I just installed a Pioneer Next radio with Android auto built in. Problem is the cable is pretty ugly so I was wondering if anyone has used one like this or if anyone knows of something similar that will work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It comes with a USB extension cable that runs from the back of the radio and the only thing to do is have it laying out. I wanted something that wasn't just a cable laying around to plug into for the Android Auto.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,801 Posts
It comes with a USB extension cable that runs from the back of the radio and the only thing to do is have it laying out. I wanted something that wasn't just a cable laying around to plug into for the Android Auto.
I have used a similar cable and placed it in the center cubby. See post #13 in the following thread...

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,374 Posts
I recall some putting their connection cable(s) in one of the dashboard storage pockets. I would wind-up the cable(s) and stuff them in the center dashboard map pocket. You just need to drill a hole in the back of the base of the center dashboard trim panel and rout the cable to the head unit, however, that 27 inch cable may not be long enough.

If you want to get fancy, you could install the female connection versions of those connectors and mount them in the dash "AUX" port position, to the left of the glove box tray (see "AUX" cover to the right in the above picture), given your model year and trim has such a plug (i.e. not all Gen1s had an "AUX" 3.5mm TRS connector for the stereo).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts