Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone use the trunk cooler yet?

I going to give it a try next weekend. The Kayaking club I am a member of has a pig roast every year.
http://www.mvpclub.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=78&mode=&order=0&thold=0

I am thinking it is time. Any ridgers around New England who are looking to Kayak, or maybe hang out and party, the directions are on the web site.
Send me an ridge message if there you are interested.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I don't use my trunk for anything but a beer cooler. We have had lots of parties around, crab boils, pig roast, etc., etc. On July 4th a bunch of us got together for a big tail gate like party at the fireworks park. In every case, the Ridgeline trunk full of ice cold beer was the big hit.

But don't be misled. It is not a "cooler". In fact, be sure you pull the drain plug because it will become a lake in there in no time. I'm in Texas and in order to qualify something as a cooler it must be insulated; the trunk is not.

I can tell you this, it will hold 3 cases of beer and 8 bags of ice before it hits the spare tire level - with a little room to spare (no pun intended!),

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool,

The spec's I did not find in the manual 3 cases and 8 bags of ice.

I am sure my white water buddys will get a kick out of the "cooler"

Maybe I need a 12volt blender too.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Yes, let's see a picture of the trunk filled with ice and frosty beverages. :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will not let you down, pictures of a trunk/cooler full of Beer.

Will Sam's be ok any other favorites ? Harpon IPA is one of mine.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Sounds just fine to me. :cool:

·
Registered
312 Posts
ridgeNH said:
I will not let you down, pictures of a trunk/cooler full of Beer.

Will Sam's be ok any other favorites ? Harpon IPA is one of mine.
Since you asked, Red Hook ESB please. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
We have also used it as a cooler. We loaded 6 cases of misc Pepsi products and 6 bags of ice. Worked well. I actually found a grommet with a smaller hole for the drain and it was great.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the pics and post RidgeNH! That looks like a whole lotta fun and love the double duty use of the tie down as a holding place for the opener.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Team:

I will be driving to Tahoe this weekend ( I'm only an hour and a half away ) for my buddies Bahelor party. I plan on using the cooler and I WILL take pics

NEW CASTLE BROWN. The One and Only!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Actually the lake is very important if you want your drinks to stay cold. And another important thing is to find blocks of ice. Blocks of ice are fairly easy to find up in Maine but I seem to have a horrible time finding them around Massachusetts even though Star claims to sell them on some of their ice boxes they never have any. We put three blocks of ice, about 6 bags of ice and about 200 drinks of various types into the trunk with the plug in. One thing to be careful of is Sprite, it is very thin walled cans and they become violent when they get a little warm ;). By the end of the party a lot of cans were floating, but they were still cold because the water was cold so we didn't dump our cool water. It did take a while once I did pull the plug for all the water to get out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts