Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... from what I can tell from watching videos etc... V-Tec kicks in at about 5,500 rpm's Is that correct? I haven't quite got that high in the rpm's yet. On my old 2011 CR-V it was just over 4,000 rpm's

·
Administrator
13,737 Posts
"As engine rpm builds past 5,350 rpm, the i-VTEC system transitions to a high-lift, long-duration intake cam profile for superior high-rpm engine power."

There's only about a 1,000 RPM band between high-lift mode and an upshift, so the vehicle spends very little time in high-lift mode.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"As engine rpm builds past 5,350 rpm, the i-VTEC system transitions to a high-lift, long-duration intake cam profile for superior high-rpm engine power."

There's only about a 1,000 RPM band between high-lift mode and an upshift, so the vehicle spends very little time in high-lift mode.
Thank You Sir! I knew by the sound it was in that area.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Here we have only owned our Ridgeline for a short time where we are learning just how technicial our lil Honda engine is. A few months back we become aware of the VCM system and what it does, now we are learning about i-VTEC and what it does. Wow, what a learning curve here! :geek:

Bill

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here we have only owned our Ridgeline for a short time where we are learning just how technicial our lil Honda engine is. A few months back we become aware of the VCM system and what it does, now we are learning about i-VTEC and what it does. Wow, what a learning curve here! :geek:

Bill
Bill,

Did you get anything to inhibit the vcm?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Bill,

Did you get anything to inhibit the vcm?
With the research I have done since we purchased our 2019 seven months or so ago, I have came to the conclusion that there may have been some valid concerns to inhibit the VCM in earlier models, but it appears that at least starting with the 2019 model year, most, if not all, of these concerns have been addressed so we are not altering the VCM system on our Ridgeline.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts