Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V6 Power delivery in the Ridgeline: my observations

I've driven many cars/trucks of all engine sizes big and small but this is my first V6 that I've owned.
The gas pedal definitely takes a little more effort than most other vehicles I've driven lately(harder to push)-I'm sure I'll get used to it over time.
I am impressed by the overall feeling that I have more than enough power and speed when I need it at any rpm. I mashed the gas fast today to the floor while already going about 45mph and the front wheels peeled out loud at speed on a dry grippy road- I didn't run over anything wet and the tires are at 35psi. -that's a first for me. If this engine had more power I don't think it would matter because I think it's right at the traction limits with the stock setup. I've experienced a 2 second bogging down no engine power feeling at random times going slow then gassing it hard-maybe this is the VCM issue people are having sometimes?

The bottom line is that I think it's a great overall engine that sounds pretty good and gets decent mileage for the power it gives.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,333 Posts
Sounds like you got the 2wd version. I doubt you would develop wheel spin in an AWD Ridge in the conditions that you describe. . .Also make sure you have turned the econ mode off. . .

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surprisingly there is no noticeable torque steer in the FWD Ridgeline thankfully. The 2016 CRV with 100 less horsepower and CVT has terrible torque steer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts