Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Earthsurfer - sorry late to reply - but not sure I understand what you are asking - you want to lock the fob in the trunk instead of the cab, then open door and trunk with the key in your wetsuit? Just wondering why not just leave fob in the car?
Not the poster you're responding to, but.........you can't lock the fob in the car, by design.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Not the poster you're responding to, but.........you can't lock the fob in the car, by design.
I lock mine in almost every day- not sure if you saw my above post but -
I made a spare key and use it to lock the doors and fob in the car when I go surfing
That's why I am wondering why he wants the fob in the trunk- not sure why not just in the car?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Earthsurfer - sorry late to reply - but not sure I understand what you are asking - you want to lock the fob in the trunk instead of the cab, then open door and trunk with the key in your wetsuit? Just wondering why not just leave fob in the car?
The fob will not allow me to lock the key in the car. The doors auto unlock if the fob is in the car. ideas?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I’m no help. My RT doesn’t have the auto lock feature .... I can lock the fob in the cab or trunk with no warnings. Less sensors on mine I guess. I’m just not comfortable locking it in the cab. If I leave it in the cab and someone breaks in, they could start the truck. I’ve tried the foil and an rfid bag. And they work sporadically. So I don’t trust them.
My plan is to keep stashing it in the trunk area. From the trunk the truck doesn’t see the fob. So it can’t be started.

I was able to get a spare key cut at the dealership for $16.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I lock mine in almost every day- not sure if you saw my above post but -
I made a spare key and use it to lock the doors and fob in the car when I go surfing
That's why I am wondering why he wants the fob in the trunk- not sure why not just in the car?
How are you locking your fob in the car? I have an 2018 RTL-E. I have a feature where the car unlocks when you touch the door handle. So additionally the car will not lock if the fob is in the car. Do you not have this feature?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I use a faraday bag but it does not always work. Sometimes the bag will fail and unlock my truck. so I am trying to find a better and safer way to lock my truck when I go surfing.
Faraday bag inside a Hitchsafe. Or double-up the Faraday bags (use a second one from a different company).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Faraday bag inside a Hitchsafe. Or double-up the Faraday bags (use a second one from a different company).
I have doubled up on the faraday bags, but it does not work for long. The hitch safe does not seem to work because it is too close to the trunk sensor. If I could just disable the trunk sensor I think that would work but I am not sure how to do it. The faraday bag seem to work well for the first few months then they stop working. I am not sure why but would love to fine a better way to lock my keys in the car. any other ideas?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
How are you locking your fob in the car? I have an 2018 RTL-E. I have a feature where the car unlocks when you touch the door handle. So additionally the car will not lock if the fob is in the car. Do you not have this feature?
If you're sitting in your parked RL with the fob on board and the engine on or off, you may still want to keep the doors locked. Does the seat sensor allow the doors to remain locked when you're sitting in the drivers seat with the fob? If you leave the fob in the vehicle to grab a cup of coffee, can your front passenger still lock the doors? So many scenarios...

·
Registered
272 Posts
The fob will not allow me to lock the key in the car. The doors auto unlock if the fob is in the car. ideas?
I have an RTL-E. Full auto lock
I leave the key in the car. I then take the key I had made insert it in driver door and lock the car. I do this a lot! Yes they could steal my car if broken in to. But I surf so that’s what I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 31 of 31 Posts