Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone have issues with the valve stem leaking air? Initially I thought I had a nail in my tire, because my TPMS kept lighting up every week or so for the same left rear tire. So I took it to a shop around the corner from my house...Neither of us could find a nail, so we started spraying soapy water on the tire, and found that the valve stem is leaking. He indicated that it happens all the time, and it's related to the TPMS system. So he's saying he can fix it for around $100 (part around $80, $20 labor). However, since I'm still within the 3yr 36K warranty I called the dealership, and naturally they're being wishy washy about it, but indicating I should bring it over for inspection. I'm leaning that way, since it could save me $100, but concerned that if it isn't covered, then they'll be more that $100.

Anyone have a similar issue?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
No, but the part, if it needs to be replaced is significantly less than $80, if you purchase it from a site sponcer "Discount Tire", also more likely, it is a part within the assembly.

For reference, we have the O.E. sensors available and the cost is only $27.00 per sensor with FREE delivery.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Hi, anyone have issues with the valve stem leaking air? Initially I thought I had a nail in my tire, because my TPMS kept lighting up every week or so for the same left rear tire. So I took it to a shop around the corner from my house...Neither of us could find a nail, so we started spraying soapy water on the tire, and found that the valve stem is leaking. He indicated that it happens all the time, and it's related to the TPMS system. So he's saying he can fix it for around $100 (part around $80, $20 labor). However, since I'm still within the 3yr 36K warranty I called the dealership, and naturally they're being wishy washy about it, but indicating I should bring it over for inspection. I'm leaning that way, since it could save me $100, but concerned that if it isn't covered, then they'll be more that $100.

Anyone have a similar issue?

Thanks!
Short answer.... any valve stem can leak air over time.... it's just more of a pain with these TPMSs. Might not be real common, but "faults happen".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I just called the dealer back and spoke to the service manager, and he advised it is covered by the 3yr 36k. So I have an appointment for Wed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts