Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Deep Scarlet Pearl
38 Posts
The Fumoto's now can be purchased with a push on clip that can pretty much assure the ball valve will not open inadvertently. With that being said, my Stahlbus drain valve arrived yesterday and I will be installing it at the next oil change. Gotta love this new technology...................or continue to cling to "old school ways". Either way, it's all about keeping the oil off the garage floor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm with you on the crawling under thing. I also have one of these that hooks up to my air compressor connector and pulls a vacuum to induce flow. It works very well. The translucent reservoir has marks at qt. intervals. I read on this site somewhere that these do a great job of getting virtually all the oil from the pan. They really are about as clean as it gets.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm with you on the crawling under thing. I also have one of these that hooks up to my air compressor connector and pulls a vacuum to induce flow. It works very well. The translucent reservoir has marks at qt. intervals. I read on this site somewhere that these do a great job of getting virtually all the oil from the pan. They really are about as clean as it gets.
A buddy of mine has one, and swears by it. He's a hard-core VW guy, but I wont hold that against him. :p

I was thinking about getting the compressor-driven one. I didnt really think that it was worth the extra $ over the manual pump one. What made you choose it, @Mathwiz ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was thinking about getting the compressor-driven one. I didnt really think that it was worth the extra $ over the manual pump one. What made you choose it, @Mathwiz ?
When I looked at the fluid evacuators online, I noticed there was an air induced model. Then one of my philosophies kicked in........."work smarter, not harder" (even though this task could hardly be considered hard). I can do other things while the Mitivac is doing its thing. Actually it pumps fairly fast. To me the trick is regardless of manual or auto is for the oil to be at the correct temp. Not too hot, or not too cold. My wife has an Acura MDX and it works great for the transmission fluid and differential fluid also. I would have been ok with the hand pump model.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts