Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
In my opinion, vanity license plates are appropriately named. I give enough of my limited income away to keep my vehicle legal and on the road without the need of stroking my ego too. Forgive me if you find this insulting.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha! Congrats on the new vehicle! Does your state offer specialty license plates? I'm in TX, I am waiting on my new plates to come in so I can transfer my existing US Army veteran plates to my new vehicle. TX has so many options. They cost but I feel are worth the money if you're wanting that little extra attention.
Yep, I can get customized plates. about $110/year.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my opinion, vanity license plates are appropriately named. I give enough of my limited income away to keep my vehicle legal and on the road without the need of stroking my ego too. Forgive me if you find this insulting.
Not insulting at all. Different strokes for different folks.

The vanity plate on this car... URDROOLN :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I'll have to admit that there was one "vanity" type plate I got over 25 years ago while a graduate student in environmental science at IU. I was pleased to see they still offer it and it is much better looking in person.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

The vanity plate on this car... URDROOLN :)
An old friend used to have a Porsche with a "PAST U" plate.

·
Super Moderator
5,565 Posts
"DBLTBL"

Reactions: Pacman9270

·
Registered
126 Posts
TRU AR
As in: “ I’ll drive, we can take my Tru.....ar “

[ Truck Car ]

Cheers,
Tru...ar

·
Administrator
15,701 Posts
I'll admit I've always viewed vanity plates as wasteful and associated them with egotistical owners.

Here in Texas, they're as much as $195/yr. or as little as $450/5 yrs.

There are other options to stand out without paying as much or anything additional. For example, you can have your amateur ("ham") radio call sign as your plate number at no extra cost.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'll admit I've always viewed vanity plates as wasteful and associated them with egotistical owners.

Here in Texas, they're as much as $195/yr. or as little as $450/5 yrs.

There are other options to stand out without paying as much or anything additional. For example, you can have your amateur ("ham") radio call sign as your plate number at no extra cost.
Well... the definition of vanity is "excessive pride in or admiration of one's own appearance or achievements". lol So pick a plate that means something to the driver!

We run our call signs on our plates, but we did it out of hilarity over the desire to stand out. Our calls are sequential, so when our cars are parked next to each other, the difference is a U vs a V. lol

·
Registered
2017 RTS White
283 Posts
AMEN brother......................................................................

·
Registered
2017 RTS White
283 Posts
I really like the vanity plates. Call me egotistical or shallow, that's fine. I get it. As long as I'm not a jerk about it.
Not at all Pacman. I enjoy a clever plate that I can figure out but here in NY I can't in good conscience give the gov't more money. I'd rather have a small business make me a custom sticker...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts