Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a H612 on my G1 mainly because it did not have a reverse camera. Overall happy with it except it sits a bit staggered to the left of the factory mirror. This causes the angle of the front camera to be slightly off depending where you angle as use of a mirror. Video quality is great even in low light situations and the GPS time is lifesaver. I've been through so many cheap dashcams that require the time to be set if you don't use them for long periods of time. If you do buy, i recommend buying hardware kit which allows you to tap directly into the fusebox for cleaner install. Also, i've seen almost identical units but under different branding.

May not be relevant to you as you have G2 which probably has camera, but in case anyone with G1 is curious. I ordered the video extender but in the end did not use it as the stock cable was long enough to reach. I mounted the camera at the top of the license plate using a home made bracket since kit did not include one. Routed the cable down the driver to the back of the truck bed and the install pretty much took a full day. The most painful part was removing the rear seats to get the cable routed into the back bed. I tapped into the hitch connector for the reverse camera however that is optional.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Anyone who has the 612T installed on a gen 2 RL. How does this fit over the day/night lever of the original mirror?
I actually don't use this lever, but was curious if the 612T fits ok over this lever.

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.