Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Odyssey (similar engine) is available with VCM. It boosts its Hwy MPG from 25 to 28 (+12%). Almost no city improvement. The Ody's weight is nearly the same, although the air drag package is different. The Ridgeline's extra 4WD driveline losses is probobly the biggest issue in adding VCM to the Ridgeline. It might not be plausable to cruise the Ridgeline's 4WD drivetrain on only 3 cylinders (ex. too much hunting, in & out).

I live in the boonies (nearly all highway driving). I would wait for the VCM if I knew it was to be offered.

Does anyone know if VCM is a future option here? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
PBunyan said:
The Odyssey (similar engine) is available with VCM. It boosts its Hwy MPG from 25 to 28 (+12%). Almost no city improvement. The Ody's weight is nearly the same, although the air drag packageis different. The Ridgeline's extra 4WD driveline losses is probobly the biggest issue in adding VCM to the Ridgeline. It might not be plausable to cruise the Ridgeline's 4WD drivetrain on only 3 cylinders (ex. too much hunting, in & out).
I live in the boonies (nearly all highway driving). I would wait for the VCM if I knew it was to be offered.
Does anyone know if VCM is a future option here? Thanks.
I read they looked into it but cited because poor aerodynamic issues of the truck it would rarely be able to run off 3 cylinders. So then, don't expect it ever to be offered on the ridgeline in it's current form.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
i think the vtm-4 might be an issue too for the RL to have VCM, since the system mostly runs front wheel drive and slippage occurs power then transfered to the wheels that are not slipping. Its a possiblility.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts