Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Vehicle Replacement/Honda Memorial Day Sale?

2K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  zroger73 
#1 ·
My wife's Accord lease will be up by the middle of next June, so I am looking at replacement options. She doesn't really want to consider anything other than a Honda. We are between another Accord, a Pilot (her first choice), or a CRV. I do see that Honda has some loyalty incentives (and conquest, which doesn't help since we only have Hondas). As I recall, they often run sales around Memorial Day. I don't currently see anything on the website. Has anyone seen anything, or know when Honda traditionally announces a Memorial Day sale? I plan to do something soon and am trying to get the right timing.
TIA

#2 ·
I have been reading that since used car values have fallen so much, no one is buying out their lease. I know this doesn't concern you, but a new lease may have far higher payments.

Reactions: 14v6
#6 ·
Got a quote of $31315 for an AWD Pilot EX and $28651 for an Accord EXL 2.0. Will probably go on Memorial Day to test drive both and make a decision. I think I would prefer an Accord but she is leaning towards the Pilot. She likes sitting up higher. We’ll see if the elevated view in worth about $3000.

#11 ·
My wife hated the CRV because of the position of the shift knob on the dash.

#8 ·
Seems a little strange to be considering both a sedan and a three-row SUV - that's like trying to decide between a sailboat and a ski boat.

It sounds like you would welcome a little more utility than an Accord can provide, but don't need a relatively large, three-row SUV. Since she wants to stay with Honda, the CR-V seems like the logical choice. I think it's more fun to drive than the Pilot and looks better, too. Fuel economy is also better - especially with the new CR-V Hybrid. The Pilot, of course, would be an upgrade in comfort and performance.

The Accord is one of the best sedans, but I'd strongly recommend at least looking at and driving a Mazda CX-5 if you're considering the CR-V and a Kia Telluride if you're considering a Pilot.

Reactions: Sparkland
#9 ·
The variable you are not considering is the wife factor :) She does not want to consider any other brand other than Honda (I have tried). I don’t think we need a three row SUV but she really likes them. My preference would be to get the Accord as I think it better meets what our needs are for right now and it is also cheaper with more equipment included. We did drive the CRV and neither of us really cared for that much. We test drove the Pilot, the Accord, and a Passport today. The Passport is too expensive for what you get in my opinion. I liked the Accord quite a bit and she really liked the Pilot. Even though I pointed out we don’t really need three rows, she is anticipating our kids getting married and having grandkids within the life of this vehicle. In other words I’m most likely going to get a Pilot :) I’ll still have the RL and a happy wife to go with it. I’ll run the numbers again and most likely make a decision by Monday.

#10 ·
The Pilot is a good choice. i have the EX-L trim and glad I spent the xtra bucks. The EX is also very well equipped. We love ours. It’s a very comfortable cruiser for our 600mi trips to see family. Pretty good gas mileage too. It gets 25mpg cruising at 75 MPH. I don’t think we have ever used the third row as we are now in our empty nester years. Stays folded down to maximize cargo space. Since you have a RL you’re familiar with the power train. The Pilot‘s ride is a little softer then the RL with a bit more body roll but still handles confidently.

Reactions: tinman93
#15 ·
We ended up getting a Pilot EX AWD for 31250 (inc. doc fee which I hate) and .9% financing. My wife is very happy with it, and since she is typically supportive of whatever I want to get (I change vehicles more frequently than she does), I am glad we got what she wanted. The plan will be to keep it for as long as possible after it is paid off. With the loan being as close to free money as we can get, that is pretty likely.
Thanks for all of the input.

#18 ·
We ended up getting a Pilot EX AWD for 31250 (inc. doc fee which I hate) and .9% financing. My wife is very happy with it, and since she is typically supportive of whatever I want to get (I change vehicles more frequently than she does), I am glad we got what she wanted. The plan will be to keep it for as long as possible after it is paid off. With the loan being as close to free money as we can get, that is pretty likely.
Thanks for all of the input.
Now, hop on over to one of the online Honda dealers that sells Honda Care and pick up the 8/120 plan for about $1,400 so you don't have to worry about it for a while after the 3/36 and 5/60 warranties expire. ;)

Reactions: 2dogs1cat
#20 ·
I really hate to poop on peoples' parades, but as someone who has purchased 11 new Hondas over the past 14 years, I have first-hand experience that Honda's qualify has been declining. I've gone from 0-1 problems per vehicle from 2006-2014 to 6-12 from 2017-2020. I really hate that, because Honda has been in my blood since I was 10 years old and I know more about them than any other brand. I drank the Honda Kool-Aid and I buried my head in the sand too long. While I don't see myself returning to Honda anytime soon, I'll still recommend their products, but with caveats for some models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.