Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First off I have searched extensively on ROC and other sites but have not found quite this problem.

My vents seemed to get blocked as the truck warms up. They start of fine and blow normal amounts of air and ac works fine, then at some point after being on the road for like 20 mins, they just block up. All modes. No air out of any vent. Changing modes, or ac on/off or recirc doesn't affect anything. When AC on, i can feel cool air sort of leaking out a bit.

Blower fan is going because i can hear it and in fact its louder because it sounds like it is blocked.

Cabin air filter is clean and i can see the blower fan turning when i take it out. Mind you, i've only done that when the problem wasn't happening so i need to test once the problem happens (which is usually not ideal since i have 2 kids, wife and dog in the car going to the cottage...).

I was wondering what i should do next to troubleshoot? I've read about the vent door actuator and it sure seems like a likely culprit. Would it work on and off like that? How do i test it? What else could i check?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And to add to the mystery, the AC seems to be stuck to "on". Even when it shows off, it is blowing AC air.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts