Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my '08 RTL with 81k miles has a vibration at highway speeds. It's not the (Michelin) tire balance. It seems to be coming from the center of rear of the truck.

Has anyone had to replace the propeller shaft (driveshaft) due to a bad center bearing? It seems replacement parts are not available for those drive shafts.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
It's not the (Michelin) tire balance.
Before spending money on shafts, I would strongly suggest a second opinion and perhaps a different tire balance shop. Unless you covered that already.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Check for a broken sway bar end-link. Also check that the shocks are in good condition.

Chip H.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Before spending money on shafts, I would strongly suggest a second opinion and perhaps a different tire balance shop. Unless you covered that already.
+1. If it was only spin balancing that was done, your wheels' balance wasn't really checked.

Road force balancing is the type that counts. Only a small minority of shops have the needed piece of equipment (e.g. Hunter GSP9700).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was wrong about the Michelin tires. I had them rotated and balanced and immediately the vibration went to the front. The vibration causes the steering wheel to go side to side like the belts in the tires have slipped. like a side-to-side motion instead of up and down. Back to Costco. this is the second set of Latitude Tours (on two different trucks) that have gone bad.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Good to hear it's a tire issue. Let's hope Costco looks after you with those Michelins.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I went to Costco because my son's front tire had an impact bubble. They replaced the two fronts under the road hazard. Then they said they were at 4/32 and would be $160. I said they have 8k on them and they're 60k tires (I imagine teenager burnt them off) but anyway we got to 86. They switched the new ones to the back and inadvertently put a bad tire back on the front. You might have to go store manager level but I have 4 new Michelin Premieres on it now for the $86.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts