Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had a similar issue with my son in-laws Toyota Tundra, vibration that was hard to find. He threw parts and brakes at it and as a last resort brought it over to me. I then jacked up the vehicle and put on 4 jack stands and carefully ran it in gear with the tires off the ground.

We quickly narrowed it down to a rear axle bearing and repaired it. Doing something like this might help insure your CV axle is bad. If you try this be careful and 2 people help.

Good luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well here's an update folks. I took my Hondoo to my trusted neighborhood Honda Mechanic to get the Tires road force balanced. All but one were pretty close to spec, one was way off.
The Mechanic agreed with STUV that the problem with the vibration is most likely coming from the driver side CV axle and recommended strongly that I get Honda OEM Cv axles.
The way the vibration started when stepping on the gas at 50 and especially getting stronger at 60-65 confirmed his hypothesis.
So guess where my next paycheck is going to? Benardi they got one listed around $250.
Live in learn, Cardone I am done with you!!!!!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
i guess i can use the hammer whack at the ball joint housing method and pry it apart to separate the joint, dont want to have to buy another ball joint cover...i found axles for $205 each on OEM Honda Parts at Majestic Honda | Majestic Honda Automotive Parts
Just undo the balljoint nut..then spin it about half way back on. Take a small sledge. not a framing hammer or construction hammer. and take aim to the "loop" part of the knuckle that wraps around the balljoint "stud" and give it a good whack. Should only take max 5 whacks but could be more, you wont hurt anything unless your whack goes awry. Pushing up on the knuckle with a floor jack a little bit can help. Usually push up on the hat part of the rotor. Good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just undo the balljoint nut..then spin it about half way back on. Take a small sledge. not a framing hammer or construction hammer. and take aim to the "loop" part of the knuckle that wraps around the balljoint "stud" and give it a good whack. Should only take max 5 whacks but could be more, you wont hurt anything unless your whack goes awry. Pushing up on the knuckle with a floor jack a little bit can help. Usually push up on the hat part of the rotor. Good luck!
Thanks STUV i will try it when I get the parts in.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts