Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!
I am having a problem with my Ridgeline RT 2006 W/ 96K. I recently had a Truxx lift Kit installed plus larger tires. I took it to the dealer because i was experiencing a slight vibration when accelerating, and they said I needed new engine mounts and a new front axle. Seeing that Honda wants to charge out the ass, they replaced the engine mounts under warranty and I had my family mechanic replace the front axle. Now the vibration seems to be worse! Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem??

-JB

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,123 Posts
If you didn't use OEM axles, that might be your problem there. That's been reported before.

Assuming you didn't have the vibration prior to installing the lift, well, that might be a hint too. But probably not what you want to hear.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The problem is that you put a lift kit on your Ridgeline. Quite a number of people have reported having problems afterwards, especially when the lift is installed on an older vehicle.

How did you talk Honda into giving you a warranty repair on a 2006?

F

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just recently replaced the OEM axles that were leaking. Truck just hit 86k for an 06 and i had the TRUXX kit installed last year and no problem. After replacing axles i noticed slight vibration on takeoff...only occurs 0-20mph and then gone..so i replaced aftermarket axles a second time..still occurs...driving me nuts and all i can think of doing is rebuilding the OEM axles that i still have...any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
23,123 Posts
I have seen reports here that after market axle vibration was cured by using OEM axles. Take that FWIW.

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
When y'all say axles, are y'all referring to the half shafts?

·
Super Moderator
23,123 Posts
Yep. In this reference, axles = half shafts.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Most aftermarket axles..especially the $39 dollar lifetime warranty ones from vautozone are horrible!!! I have had luck with most napa ones in the past and present.

Just to be a dick and correct some misleading info here...

They are axles or technically driveshafts. There is only one half shaft and it connects the transmission/differential to the passenger side axle. So instead of having one long axle on one side and a short one on the drivers side(since the trans is on the drivers side) and having really bad torque steer. You have equal length axles so it greatly reduces torque steer, cause both axles will twist theoretically the same amount

·
Super Moderator
23,123 Posts
Not at all. Thanks for correcting the terminology. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts