Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,658 Posts
one more. i screwed up the sound, but you get the point Azusa Canyon with the RL. had a bunch of fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfRjk1lrMaM
Very cool. I note that about the 2:40 point, you attempted to climb a berm/hill much like my test scenario over at the VTM-4 lock action thread. I see you finally had to choose a more angled approach to climb it as the LFront wheel was spinning but no forward motion was happening. I had to do the same thing to climb my test hill.

Did you have VTM-4 lock engaged and D1 selected with VSA off? I'd be curious to know if both rear wheels were spinning.

· Super Moderator
24,658 Posts
LOL! Trust me, i know all about stuck.. photo Here and Here!

Pics are straight off my Cannon SX10 so wait for them to load.
There has to be an interesting story behind these pics! I'd hate to do the clean up on that truck.

· Super Moderator
24,658 Posts
I'm amazed at how stable the image is with all the wheel movement in those videos.

I'd like to see what sort of camera mount you used for that.

Also, someone had a nice stable interior mount too... I'd like to see that one as well.

Nice job.

· Super Moderator
24,658 Posts
Did you ever see an A/T light or VTM-4 flashing light indicating an over temp condition?

Any idea if you had wheel spin in the rear (1 or 2 wheels?) on that hill you were unable to climb at the 2:40 point?

· Super Moderator
24,658 Posts
The VTM-4 and flashing D lights are not common. If you see the VTM-4 light on or flashing, the rear differential has overheated and you should change the VTM-4 fluid as soon as possible. If the D light is flashing, the transmission has overheated and you should replace the ATF fluid as soon as possible. It the D light turns red, there is a failure in the transmission. At least I think that is what the different indicators mean. I could be wrong :act018:
Here's what the OM has to say about the VTM-4 light and the A/T Temp light:

I couldn't find any reference to the D light turning red.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.