Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
those are pretty sick videos. but with the lift kit and bigger tires, does it make a bigger difference cruisin around? bc one of my friends has a jeep with bigger tires and a lift kit its only a 3" body lift pretty much the same they make for the RL but an inch higher. and its AWFUL to ride in.
MY RL IS STOOOOCK!!!!!! NOT A DARN THING DONE TO HER!(except a bug sheild) I'm trying to upload one more video, with a better POV then the other two, but my computer keeps corrupting the video file.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very cool. I note that about the 2:40 point, you attempted to climb a berm/hill much like my test scenario over at the VTM-4 lock action thread. I see you finally had to choose a more angled approach to climb it as the LFront wheel was spinning but no forward motion was happening. I had to do the same thing to climb my test hill.

Did you have VTM-4 lock engaged and D1 selected with VSA off? I'd be curious to know if both rear wheels were spinning.
Yeah, one of those "I'm-not-really-a-locker" moments.. D1, VSA off, Full Tire pressure. I did try to climb out of it, wouldn't do it. I tried to treat it like a Torsen Diff, by using my left foot to hold the brakes, while giving it steady foot pressure with the right, that's why you see the wheel spin, but never freewheel.

however, that part when i was in the sand really surprised me. The RL has superior sand traction over my Tacoma, and former Jeep. That hill is back down only for most people. the RL will stop on the sand hill, then keep driving forward. Very good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Did you ever see an A/T light or VTM-4 flashing light indicating an over temp condition?

Any idea if you had wheel spin in the rear (1 or 2 wheels?) on that hill you were unable to climb at the 2:40 point?
No only once when i first got the thing, no AT light only the vtm light. and only after i was trying to get over some rock ridge in Banner CA on my way to the desert.

are the lights common? i plan to tow with her very shortly, and if it is i would have to fix this rather debilitating problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Here's what the OM has to say about the VTM-4 light and the A/T Temp light:

I couldn't find any reference to the D light turning red.
Mine VTM-4 Light came on only after having gone through a very tough (for it) trail and having to pick my way through a rock field by riding high on every small boulder i could find after about 5 minutes of this the vtm-4 light came on. however, i was super hard on it, and spinning my wheels alot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.