Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
7,777 Posts
Yeah, one of those "I'm-not-really-a-locker" moments.. D1, VSA off, Full Tire pressure. I did try to climb out of it, wouldn't do it. I tried to treat it like a Torsen Diff, by using my left foot to hold the brakes, while giving it steady foot pressure with the right, that's why you see the wheel spin, but never freewheel.

however, that part when i was in the sand really surprised me. The RL has superior sand traction over my Tacoma, and former Jeep. That hill is back down only for most people. the RL will stop on the sand hill, then keep driving forward. Very good.
Did you have D1, VTM-4Lock on?

· Premium Member
7,777 Posts
The VTM-4 and flashing D lights are not common. If you see the VTM-4 light on or flashing, the rear differential has overheated and you should change the VTM-4 fluid as soon as possible. If the D light is flashing, the transmission has overheated and you should replace the ATF fluid as soon as possible. It the D light turns red, there is a failure in the transmission. At least I think that is what the different indicators mean. I could be wrong :act018:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.