Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the link below. It was recomended from my car audio shop & I called today to verify if they have a Ridgeline adaptor & yes they do.
Plug & play video right onto your screen.
# The price is $600.00 . If 10 or more of us buy, they will drop to $500.00 #

They also sell DVD/TV units that plug & play with there unit. Priced from $170 - $225.
Lets see if 10 or more want to go with it & we can do an "individual" but group purchase via mention "ROC"

http://www.navtv.com/index02.htm

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
TheRidgester said:
Check out the link below. It was recomended from my car audio shop & I called today to verify if they have a Ridgeline adaptor & yes they do.

They also sell DVD/TV units that plug & play with there unit. Priced from $170 - $225.
Lets see if 10 or more want to go with it & we can do an "individual" but group purchase via mention "ROC"

I would be interested. What about installation?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toobuku said:
I would be interested. What about installation?
When I talked to the sales rep, they offer dealers in most areas that can do the install, or complete intructions with tech support for your assistance(normal buss. hours) if you want to install yourself

·
Registered
4 Posts
TheRidgester said:

I live about 10 minutes away from their location. I am going to check them out and see whats involved in the setup of the system. I manage a Honda Dealer and maybe they will do a better deal with me and just sell direct. The is no freakin' way I will let anyone touch/work my Ridgeline. I will not even let my Techs work on it.
I have the factory DVD and the back-up camera and I want to know if they all work with no screwing around.

Thanks for finding them for me. I have probably driven by them a million time and never once noticed them.

Brent

·
Registered
626 Posts
Honda Master said:
I live about 10 minutes away from their location. I am going to check them out and see whats involved in the setup of the system. I manage a Honda Dealer and maybe they will do a better deal with me and just sell direct. The is no freakin' way I will let anyone touch/work my Ridgeline. I will not even let my Techs work on it.
I have the factory DVD and the back-up camera and I want to know if they all work with no screwing around.

Thanks for finding them for me. I have probably driven by them a million time and never once noticed them.

Brent
From their Japanese Imports page:

Nav-TV Video Source
This video source is referred to as the "backup cam interface" or "reverse" camera interface". The RGB2 is an externally wired plug-in interface which interrupts the video signal coming from the GPS computer going to the display. The audio works through an FM modulator and both the video and audio can be activated with an external switch.

Sounds to me like it will take the place of the backup camera -- unless there's a splitter involved (which inherently it didn't appear to be).

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DoctorJ said:
Sounds over priced for a wire adapter and FM modulator, should be more like $99 and not 600. For 600 you should get a DVD player and a couple of 7 inch screens.
The FM modulator is only for non-nav RL's so you can hear sound thru the stereo. The Nav RL has an aux input to hard wire the sound right thru the DVD converter.
The 600 is pricey, but an alternative would be to go with an aftermarket such as the Pioneer. Only issue thier is with the head unit, amps new speakers and subs required your looking at almost $7 K for a good system

·
Registered
953 Posts
TheRidgester said:
The FM modulator is only for non-nav RL's so you can hear sound thru the stereo. The Nav RL has an aux input to hard wire the sound right thru the DVD converter.
The 600 is pricey, but an alternative would be to go with an aftermarket such as the Pioneer. Only issue thier is with the head unit, amps new speakers and subs required your looking at almost $7 K for a good system
Maybe I don't get it, but the 600 buys wiring for an external video device when you have an existing NAV screen which uses a back up camera input. It does not make sense on a non-nav vehicle, aftermarket displays will have a standard input.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok heres the deal!!!!

I spoke to a gentleman today and I am setting up an account tommorow. Please do not repeat the info I post to them or they might shut us down. I am going to be able to get the single input unit for $325.00 and the duel unit for $355.00 now this is not installed at all and does not include shipping. I am not sure what is involved but I was told it is plug and play (or pray quite posible). This is ONLY for the RTL w/ NAVI. I would say that it does not involve a FM modulator for the sound input. Hey it might. They will not do any necassary evils with me till I fax the dealership info. I have a RTL Navi Ridge with a Honda RES system. If you are familiar it is by Alpine. The poor thing is it sounds off through a FM modulator. Nice freakin' going Honda. I have the DVD and the backup camera system. I was told they both work with the system just fine.

AS A SAFETY NOTE:
Driving with a TV in the front dash is not safe. It is a smart thing to wire the power wire with a Ford inertia switch. They cost about 20 bucks and if you get into an accident because of the navi-tv unit, and you have wired the power wire with this inertia switch the unit will do a auto shut down and the police will not know it was there. This way they can not blame the front tv sytem as the cause of the accident. Just your piss poor driving.:)

To give you a backround about me since I am new here. I have been with American Honda Motor company since 1988. I started as a Honda tech. I reach Honda Platinum level and went to Honda top Gun one year. I am and still keep current, my ASE Master with L1 and machine shop certs. I raced contengency with Honda for 4 years with the CRX Si and won 3 regional championships. I was asked to go on board with AHM engineering department in 1999 in which the owner of the dealer became aware and counter offered me with a Service Manager position. I have been with the same dealership since 1988. I am now in charge of Full operations of the dealership, service department, IT and IN administrator department and just about anything else you cna think of but sales and parts. I am Vice president of the south Florida parts and service club and am on the board for AHM's PACT Training and education program. I have been involved in many TSB and three Product Updates.

As you can see I am very serious when it comes to Honda. I steered away to Honda for a truck because they had no trucks. As soon as Honda came out with one I bought it.

I have no problem buying these units if they work out and moving the savings onto you guys. I have a long standing PayPal.com account and can easily do business that way (cash, credit cards ...). Give me a few days and the details will be worked out. I am in the middle of getting a Fiber line run under the road to the buildings we bought on the other side of the street to expand our business. Tomorrow I will be in meetings with the owners about the project.

I will test out the unit in my own truck and than post the details of what is involved and the cost.

Brent

·
Registered
91 Posts
Today I received two seperate plug and play pieces for my customers '05 Chevy Tahoe. The NAV-TV unit requires the installer to remove the bottom cover of the factory unit in order to add their video adapter. The piece I ordered has 2 video inputs. Do not try to install if you feel uncomfortable with removing the ribbon cable wich feeds video for the Nav. The second piece is a plug and play adapter from Peripheral which allows you to add up to 2 audio inputs. Factory harness plugs into a T-harness, then back into the radio. This will be the first one that I ever installed. Looks fairly easy, especially if you have a little experience in mobile audio or equivalent. Remember, most states, I believe the number is around 35, do not allow full motion video in view of the driver. It is ILLEGAL! If you have questions, I have a list of the states in which it is LEGAL for the driver to be able to view full motion video while driving. Keep in mind the list is about a year old.
Greg :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow, $600 is pricey, and (sorry) $325 doesn't seem much better for a cable. I've got a Nissan Armada and this mod can be made for almost nothing. Surely there will be some more reasonable alternatives for the RL out soon, don't you think?

I'd be more interested if you posted pics of the install and some others showing how everything functions (with some sort of external switch, or a software mod?)

Short-time lurker here, by the way. I'm looking forward to picking up an RTL with NAV in a few months (hopefully used or a demo) :D

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
but no sound! need fm transmitter still. junk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts