Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Interesting review. I don't see the whining about the lack of a V8 though, especially with gas prices now. The V6 seems to have plenty of power to me...more than the V8 F150 I had previously. Though, I don't usually haul/tow a lot either, and it may make a difference there.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I loved the comment about the green truck - they called it a tadpole. Exactly what another shopper at the Honda Dealer said about the green truck.

My ridgeline out accellerates my 5.3L Chevy Silverado from 0-45 . I give the Chevy the 45-70 race though. I see no need for a V8

·
Registered
774 Posts
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???????????????????
Everyone knows GREEN IS the Best heeeeeeeehehehehehehehehehehe:D :D :D :D

L

·
0 Posts
Power. I have plenty of power. All I need.

Off Road. I don't go off roading and if I did I would not have bought the Ridgeline to do it in.

Price. I knew how much it cost before and after my test drive and my investigation into the vehicle and it's features, safety ratings, etc. I still bought it. :D

Interior. I like it. Works well for me.

Exterior. YES..the green looks like a tad pole. And the bed does scratch. :(

I think she wants a V8. :D :)

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
What about that "plastic bed that doesn't scratch or dent"? A declawed cat could scratch the bed!

-Joe

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
She wouldn't know what to do with a V-8! She's just reading the script.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah...one of the "experts" from "Driving Television" is our local weather guy. We don't put too much stock in what the show says...Glad they liked the Ridgeline but it's kind of like getting marriage advice from J-LO!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
First if they did a feature for feature match to the Ridgeline the domestics would be right up there in price with the Ridgeline. The only delta is that Honda didn't market into the low cost segment with a stripped vehicle. The safety features alone are several thousands of dollars difference. Try to get side curtain airbags on a truck not from Honda and you will see what I mean. The V8 is a must in this segment is also going away as gas prices continue to escalate, I would suspect that if coupled with a Hybrid system they could get a power plant that is in the V8 range while still selling it as a V6 vehicle. This would improve gas mileage, performance and the green aspect of the vehicle. Finally, I have to wonder how many people really need a manual transmission, I mean come on, you want a manual transmission in a sports car but in a truck? It just takes up space that could be better utilized and is a pain to deal with. My Chevy Beretta wouldn't have been the same without the stick shift on it, but I wouldn't have even looked at a manual transmission on a truck.

This review was sort of funny, it rides real nice but we have to say something bad about it to make for a balanced report.

·
Registered
218 Posts
captmiddy said:
Finally, I have to wonder how many people really need a manual transmission, I mean come on, you want a manual transmission in a sports car but in a truck? It just takes up space that could be better utilized and is a pain to deal with.
Actually, F-1 has been using automatic shifters for some time. Manual was more effective long, long ago. Modern automatic gearboxes, properly designed and built, will out perform all but the most skillful driver shifting. The caveat is because there are number of incompetent "slush boxes" produced.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Great review, however, the man said that the bed will not scratch! Crock!! Other than that, positive review.:cool:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I prefer a manual transmission in my truck. However, this is by far the best slushbox I've ever owned. It's smart, smooth, and fuel efficient.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Maybe she was referring to the refreshments that their staff had bought for the shoot. "Damn, I don't like sodas. I wanted a V8!"
:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts