Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered this site today after getting a new battery installed in my 2009 Ridgeline losing the GPS, screen display and rearview camera. I was able to return to normal from the information provided in this forum.

I thought I would share my experience to install a wire harness for an electric brake controller. The under dash plug was difficult to locate and the information was limited in finding it. I was able to locate and make the needed connection and videoed the process.

One respondent to the video mentioned that I needed an instruction on how to remove the seat. lol. However, he is right that it may have been easier with the seat out. If you have a flexible teen, this may be a good way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6qNJ_FCR2E

Scott

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
It has been almost a year since I posted the VIDEO installing the wire harness for an electric brake controller. The response has been amazing. Something I wanted to include in the video, but never updated to show was the physical placement of the controller and inserting a fuse.

Controller location: I attached the controller centerline under the dash of the steering wheel. I did not go off to either side, too close to my knees in the event of an accident.

Fuse install: To provide power to the newly wired electric brake controller, the controller's recommended fuse amp rating must be installed in the fuse box. This is where it gets tricky. It is under the hood. There are three different black plastic fuse boxes in the engine bay. If I remember correctly (in my case it was the last unit I opened) it was the box that is mounted closest to the driver's position. I seem to recall the owner's manual had schematic diagram of fuse placement.

Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,532 Posts
Well done Scott!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. The site has been very helpful.

Just replaced the Ridgeline problematic plastic rear seat pulley guides. The forum (and a video I found) was very helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
smufguy
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing