Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=320271&page_number=1

You need to be a registered member. Lots of good information! Gary Flint (project leader) talks about the engine and how it differs from the Pilot and MDX. Talks about towering capabilities. Why the bed is shaped the way it is and course the tail gate and trunk. Sounds like the designers spent a lot of time trying to make it as quiet as possible. I'm liking this truck more and more!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Excellent post. I have watched all of the videos and I am impressed with how much original engineering went into this vehicle. I can hardly wait for the 'interior' video to become available.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roger that on the interior video. Can't wait to take test drive! ;)

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
The interior video is now on the website. It is the best one of the bunch! There was a lot of thought put into designing the interior of this vehicle. I especially like the AUX input jack located above the glove box in that tray area. That will be perfect for my iPod!

The controls look easy to use and appear to be ergonomically laid out. I also like the storage space under the rear seats. I could be a perfect place to put a couple of bins with toys/games/books for the kids (or even DVD movies if one gets the DVD option).

Overall I am very impressed with what Honda has done with this vehicle. It seems they designed the truck using a blank piece of paper and loads of customer feedback about what someone would want in a vehicle. There are a lot of features of this vehicle that, in my opinion, will be copied by other manufacturers in coming models.

No mention of the Maglites, however.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for all the info. I have been starving for news about this truck. After a loong search I found your site and all the great info.The videos are lot better then I did expected, cant wait to trade my CR-V for this truck!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just watched the interior video, lots of good features on the inside too! I liked all the storage spaces, you can never have too much! I also like the LED that shines into the center console, I believe Acura did this with the TSX or TL.

Interior is nicely laid out, I really don't like the shift lever on the steering wheel but at the same time it opens up a lot space on the dash. Something I can live with or at least get use too.

I love the shape of the steering wheel, the 3 spoke looks cool. The NAVI screen looks large, although I probably won't get it. Overall very good!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just watched the videos and they reinforced my decision to purchase this vehicle. It was very informative and much better than the video I saw at the dealer. I must say, I like just about everything. I would like to know what the standard steel wheel looks like, as I've only seen the alloy wheels on the RTL and RTS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts