Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a RT I'm interested in at a Bay Area honda dealer...he gave me the VIN number and we will decide shortly what color to buy. The number is 2HXXX16246H539555. What are we all supposed to 'look for' when we find these VIN #'s for earlier production issues? What number is 'good' and what isn't. Thanks so much for the info!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ROC members...great links (I printed out the VIN# info) and great advice. Pushing my (male) hubby to BUY THE TRUCK! His 1993 Honda Prelude liteally blew up on his birthday (10/10). The car had 200,002 miles on it with ORIGINAL CLUTCH (and we think front brakes). He has all service records on it, so we think we got an 'X-files' version with stuff that never busted. As for the 'blow up'...could be valve cover gasket or oil gasket. Either way...hes now looking and I think he should get the Ridgeline. We are thinking of Black, White or Red RT (later is VERY hard to find). Thanks again!!!!!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
They are all good. Some recent buyers are having leak problems and such. Mine (#16xxx) was built in April and has had no issues thus far. Roll the dice. Honda will stand behind it if yours is unlucky.;)

·
Registered
626 Posts
kahnartist said:
I found a RT I'm interested in at a Bay Area honda dealer...he gave me the VIN number and we will decide shortly what color to buy. The number is 2HXXX16246H539555.
OK, now I'm really confused.

The VIN applies to *a specific vehicle*, no? So the VIN he gave you is for a specific Ridgeline, which obviously already has a color (unless it's primer color ;) ). Are you asking *generally* which VINs have problems, as opposed to specifically about this number? I think other people mentioned some threads where that is discussed... I was just really confused about the specific VIN presented considering you haven't picked your color yet... :confused: It's Friday... can I go home yet?

·
Registered
62 Posts
kahnartist said:
Thanks ROC members...great links (I printed out the VIN# info) and great advice. Pushing my (male) hubby to BUY THE TRUCK! His 1993 Honda Prelude liteally blew up on his birthday (10/10). The car had 200,002 miles on it with ORIGINAL CLUTCH (and we think front brakes). He has all service records on it, so we think we got an 'X-files' version with stuff that never busted. As for the 'blow up'...could be valve cover gasket or oil gasket. Either way...hes now looking and I think he should get the Ridgeline. We are thinking of Black, White or Red RT (later is VERY hard to find). Thanks again!!!!!
The only color choice, really, is Billet Silver w/ the gray interior.;) I bought Silver Bullet in March w/vin in the 3xxx range. Have no issues with him whatsoever. Hi Yo Silver AwAAAAYYYYY:D

·
Registered
529 Posts
kahnartist said:
Glad we could help. Welcome to our group! Just curious about your comment that your hubby is male. Are there hubby's that aren't male? I do live in the Bible belt and don't always get out much. teehee Also, with your thinking about a black, GREAT choice! Black is where it's at! Just to rub it in to my friends here that are silver ROC owners..... black Ridgelines built September or after have automatic door locks that work! :p neener!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mine was # 114 off the line (last 5 of the VIN 00114) And my Ridge has picture perfect with zero complaints. My only bitch would be the cost of dealer installed options on the the top of the line model. Think we could say no matter the assembly line things can go a drift (human error,robots,electonic computerized systems on any assembly line, so be it an early or late VIN the unknown can happen. I have great faith in the numerous Honda products that I've owned over the years, a good dealership can
make this all happen. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
kahnartist said:
I found a RT I'm interested in at a Bay Area honda dealer...he gave me the VIN number and we will decide shortly what color to buy. The number is 2HXXX16246H539555. What are we all supposed to 'look for' when we find these VIN #'s for earlier production issues? What number is 'good' and what isn't. Thanks so much for the info!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts