Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My VIN is 2HJYK16546H000900

What do all them letters mean?

My old Civic started with JHMED (made in Japan - Honda Motor Company).

Also, is my Ridgline 900th off the assembly line?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Your RL is the 900th Canadian one off the line...there are seperate vin sequences for American and Canadian models. Go on the internet and it will tell you how to decode your vin number ;)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks. I've owned nothing but cars made in Japan, so this is all new for me. I will do a search.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
mugen, I posted information in the miscellaneous section on 5/7/05 on VIN breakdowns with a website for additional information. I am trying to figure out the link to add but not having any success.....

·
Registered
383 Posts
the kid said:
Your RL is the 900th Canadian one off the line...there are seperate vin sequences for American and Canadian models. Go on the internet and it will tell you how to decode your vin number ;)
Kid,

You don't happen to know how many Ridge's were cranked out for the US market before the Canadian versions started to be built? (ie. What was the last digits on the US VIN's when the first CDN VIN was born).

Just interested to see how many of the early problems were rectified in the first wave. Thanks all early Ridge owners south of the 49th! :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Was probably only a week or two before the first canadian models came off the line...they just came at a slow pace, maybe 30 or so/week ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts