Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 06 goes in next week for timing belt ETC. Some time in the near future, a wrap is going on the calendar. Perhaps wheels and tires to top off preparation for the next 50K miles.

Maybe I'm not as adventurous as some might be. For now, I'm considering a satin or brushed finish close to the OEM silver. Wrapping door jambs can be a real b!tch and adds a lotta time to the job. On the other hand, I've seen a couple of examples where the jambs remained in paint/OEM color with the skin wrapped a shade or two lighter/darker and have been surprised how nice the contrast can look.

Yesterday, I saw a black Prius (ahem) wrapped white with door jambs left black. It actually looked pretty cool, or maybe just not as offensive as expected. Reminded me of a cop car for politically correctville. :)

I really like the brushed titanium but my buddy warns that getting the grain straight is critical. Maybe matte or satin white aluminum would be a better choice.

Any thoughts?

Satin_White_Aluminum.jpg

Gloss_White_Aluminum.jpg

Brushed_Titanium.jpg

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I think you should get the one that you like.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Wraps are getting very popular. Cheaper then certain paint jobs and the media depending on what you what can last ten years. Go for it if you like it and good luck. Post pics if you do go with it.:act035: Is there any special prep for a full wrap.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wraps are getting very popular. Cheaper then certain paint jobs and the media depending on what you what can last ten years. Go for it if you like it and good luck. Post pics if you do go with it.:act035: Is there any special prep for a full wrap.
Yah, 3M claims 5 to 8 year durability with "up to" 10 depending on environment.

The best prep requires a little more component removal than a standard paint job, mostly to ensure color continuity between body panels and stuff like door handles and bumper covers. Deep cleaning with alcohol and clay bar to remove imperfections, road tar, wax and stuff that'll show up under the vinyl. Was planning on doing all the part removal myself so that other stuff can be done while it's apart. Like running video cable to the rear, a light coat of Rhino for bed panels, buffing out headlight lenses and such.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,392 Posts
Both the White Silver look good, I'd do the satin or if they have it in a matte, I may go there. But you have to live with it so pick what you want. 5-8-10 years, it will be with you for a while...

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Holy crap Bob, you must be some sort of mind reader. Love those rims, reminiscent of Crager SS. Thanks for the suggestion!
I've always loved the look of 5-spoke rims, especially when the vehicle has 5-lugs.

The metallic grey paint and polished lip look great with nearly any paint color, but really pop against a light color. I know a lot of people like black rims these days, but the pewter grey is just right to my eye. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts