Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was channel surfing today - and turned on what I briefly thought was an IndyCar race (Barber Motorsports track in Alabama) - but then quickly realized it was Honda’s virtual IndyCar race (series of 6). It had a bit of a video game feel, but well done - and all the drivers were real IndyCar drivers.

And to answer my question - “no”, this (corona) too shall pass. Live sports competitions will eventually resume - but maybe initially with limited or no spectator crowds? I’ve already seen some (real) European ski jumping and biathlon televised a couple of weeks ago - with no spectators allowed. That makes sense for now in these times, and maybe even those competitions have since paused for now? (that would be wise)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah there's an ESPN interview (or some sports network) with Dale Jr recently discussing he and other drivers racing on iRacing NASCAR. Pretty crazy though apparently he does it pretty regularly anyway.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah there's an ESPN interview (or some sports network) with Dale Jr recently discussing he and other drivers racing on iRacing NASCAR. Pretty crazy though apparently he does it pretty regularly anyway.
Yes, that’s what these Indy drivers were saying too. They liked it as a good way to practice between races and offseason. They also said it was good practice for rookie drivers. Being that I just saw this for the first time, this (organized i-racing with real race drivers) was all new to me. But pilots and others also use simulators for training, so it’s all good and makes sense.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,573 Posts
.... (Barber Motorsports track in Alabama) .....
Lol, Barber probably being the only racing facility in the world that looks better 'in person' than as a virtual enhancement of itself!

It's a truly amazing facility and grounds, always 'manicured to the nines', more like Augusta National than any racetrack. I've had the pleasure of watching Mr. Barber's crews meticulously restore damaged sod and re-rake gravel-trap patterns immediately upon the track going 'cold' after a day of practice or racing, knowing that the exact same thing would happen the next day.

COTA, only 9-miles from my front gate, is a very nice facility, but it doesn't hold a candle to Mr. Barber's playground in terms of actual beauty (it'd look better 'virtually rendered' for sure).

Sorry ... back to the virtual world .... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts