Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just joined but have been lurking since I bought my RTL-T in July.

At first the voice command worked fine, at least as well as it is capable of, but for the last couple of weeks it doesn't give me enough time to say a command.

I push the button on the steering wheel once, again to bypass the help menu, and almost instantly she tells me no command was heard. Hopefully the link below works and someone can give me some suggestions. I liked using the voice command to prevent touching the screen and leaving fingerprints on it!

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=UWhYWGxMN1JsUllwUkVWNXlVWVZkV3A1TmdGZThn

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've never cared for voice command, I have it on my 07 RTL and it just seems to be a waste of time. By the time I press the button and say the command assuming I say it loud enough and clear enough the first time I could have just reached for the volume knob, heating or cooling knob, navi screen ect faster. Its one of those great selling features for auto manufacturers and dealers but real world application it is completely useless IMO.

·
Administrator
16,102 Posts
That's definitely a problem. Either your microphone isn't working or the infotainment system needs reset/rebooted. You can test the microphone in the diagnostic menu, but there's an easier way - does the mic work for Bluetooth phone calls?

By the way - you can disable the requirement to press the button a second time if that bothers you. That annoyed the carp out of me! I like to press the button once and say my command like I did on my G1.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm having the same issue,let me know what you find out.My Android voice works fine, I don't always plug in the phone so this is annoying!
Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTLE
2 Posts
Had the same issue but only when the phone was connected. Deleted phone from car and deleted car from phone and paired all over again. Now works both ways with and without phone connected.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I can get the voice command to work for turning the fan temperature up and down. But for useful stuff like navigation it hasn't returned a single place I've asked for. It will offer suggestions a thousand miles away and some place named nothing close to what I've asked. And I speak pretty good English, maybe a slight south Jersey accent. Starting Navigation by voice command would be great. It just doesn't work.

If I am not stopped and able to safely type in a location. I'll just use Waze on my iPhone or even Apple maps if I'm connected to the truck.
Its proven so frustrating I think I've even coined some new profanity.

But the temperature voice adjustment is a nice parlor trick to show off the RL. Just mostly useless so far.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Had the same issue but only when the phone was connected. Deleted phone from car and deleted car from phone and paired all over again. Now works both ways with and without phone connected.
After I updated to IOS10 I had this issue. Deleted phone from truck and deleted truck from phone and paired all over again. Now works both ways with and without phone connected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue and your thread helped me resolve it and saved me a trip to the dealership. I confirmed it only happened when my phone and the truck were paired via Bluetooth. Turn it on and pair my phone and the voice prompt fails. Turn it off and everything works as expected. After deleting and pairing the phone again the voice command is working even when paired. Who knows how long until it happens again, but for now all seem good.

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Edition
753 Posts
Just noticed it was an older thread... deleted my post, it was redundant. I've had to Forget and Repair the bluetooth before as well. Good tip.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had the same problem as John 2724 , - not enough time. Stopped at the dealer and we to - Home / Settings / Default and reset the factory settings.
That rectified the problem and as been working fine for the last 10 days.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Voice command over Bluetooth not working

When I first hooked my iPhone up via Bluetooth I could hit the steering wheel button and make a call via voice command. Now it is as though the device can't hear me. It will quickly interrupt me saying it didn't hear anything. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Re: Voice command over Bluetooth not working

Try deleting your phone, then re-pair with your truck. This often fixes issues like the one you describe. An unfortunate part of the electronic world we live in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Voice Activation stopped working

I have a 2017 RTL-E that is about 3 months old. The voice activation system suddenly doesnt respond to any commands. As soon as the "beep" is heard, I start to say a command but immediately I get the "pardon?" response. All systems work using the touch screen and the microphone apparently works, as I can make phone calls OK.
Any ideas? I'm planning on bringing it in because the parking sensor on the driver side front also is constantly "on", and playing a steady warning tone.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Re: Voice Activation stopped working

I have a 2017 RTL-E that is about 3 months old. The voice activation system suddenly doesnt respond to any commands. As soon as the "beep" is heard, I start to say a command but immediately I get the "pardon?" response. All systems work using the touch screen and the microphone apparently works, as I can make phone calls OK.
Any ideas? I'm planning on bringing it in because the parking sensor on the driver side front also is constantly "on", and playing a steady warning tone.
I have the same problem with my RTL-E.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Re: Voice Activation stopped working

Seems like I read on here where some other peoples that had that problem fixed it by un-pairing their bluetooth phones then re-pairing them.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts